The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

18 minutes ago, meregreen said:

History I think will be a little kinder to Big Gord than you. As Chancellor, he presided over the longest period of sustained economic growth  ever. As Prime Minister , he took up the challenge of the Global banking crisis and prevented what could have been a total meltdown. Compared to the utter idiots in charge of the disaster that is upon us now, he looks like a rock of competence. Having met him, and listened to him, I can honestly say he is one of the warmest and most caring politicians one could hope to meet. Pity he isn’t still PM. Wouldn’t be suffering the shit storm were having now.

"Sustained economic growth" followed by "global banking crisis"; ask yourself if the two things had anything in common.  As for warmest and most caring, it's quite funny that the Gillian Duffy episode is one of the events that he's best known for.  Bloke was a total **** idiot.

1 hour ago, Risso said:

"Sustained economic growth" followed by "global banking crisis"; ask yourself if the two things had anything in common.  As for warmest and most caring, it's quite funny that the Gillian Duffy episode is one of the events that he's best known for.  Bloke was a total **** idiot.

The clue is in “global”.As I say, I have met him, and unlike you, I’ll judge him as I found him. Calling him an idiot is just silly. I think you’ll find someone far more deserving of that accolade is the current incumbent of No 10.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, meregreen said:

The clue is in “global”.As I say, I have met him, and unlike you, I’ll judge him as I found him. Calling him an idiot is just silly. I think you’ll find someone far more deserving of that accolade is the current incumbent of No 10.

you have read this thread haven't you , if you took out the name calling of anyone Tory it would only be about 5 pages ( 8 if you include the thread Blandy deleted :) )

I'm sure he is and can be a nice bloke but Browns issues are well documented and I'll doubt many close to him will call him warm and caring ...

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

you have read this thread haven't you , if you took out the name calling of anyone Tory it would only be about 5 pages ( 8 if you include the thread Blandy deleted :) )

I'm sure he is and can be a nice bloke but Browns issues are well documented and I'll doubt many close to him will call him warm and caring ...

Unlike you I don’t  feel qualified to speculate on his friends and families feelings towards him, only my own, he came across as a thoroughly decent man.

9 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Unlike you I don’t  feel qualified to speculate on his friends and families feelings towards him, only my own, he came across as a thoroughly decent man.

I'm not speculating it's well documented  ... but I met Thatcher once , she was lovely and came across as a thoroughly decent woman , I'm sure the rest of VT will say oh well I take back everything I ever said about her now you've said this

Anyway, Tories... More bashing. It's what they're there for.

I mentioned it the other day but, as much as May is dreadful, the rest the party is as bad or worse. There isn't a sensible candidate in there and with Brexit being so bitter inside the party, nobody stands out as having the support of the party. May only managed it by walking through the rain drops. Now? **** me, the names are all atrocious. 

She'll stay in the job partly because nobody else will unite support currently, and mostly because no one is fool enough to let the all the shit spatter them in the current horror show.

Just now, Risso said:

I said hello to David Cameron yesterday.  He came across as a thoroughly decent man.

He is ,  my regret was during the conversation that I didn't tell him only rocket polishers wear a suit when flying , who knows maybe he'd still be PM now if I'd told him

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

He a bacon faced pig **** ing Bullingdon club word removed. 

have you not been on the  insultsfordummies page lately , it's gammon faced  in 2018  , bacon is so 2016  ....  you'll be expelled from the club if you don't stick to the script

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

have you not been on the  insultsfordummies page lately , it's gammon faced  in 2018  , bacon is so 2016  ....  you'll be expelled from the club if you don't stick to the script

Cameron ain't no gammon. It's not just a synonym for 'Tory'. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

He'd still be PM if he hadn't put the future of our country into jeopardy by using the Brexit referendum as a means to take on, and consequently lose to, Boris Johnson in what was effectively an Eton old boys dick measuring competition.

In years to come he’ll  have a statue in Parliament square next to that other Great Briton ,Nelson Mandela , for the great service he did for this country 

34 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

He'd still be PM if he hadn't put the future of our country into jeopardy by using the Brexit referendum as a means to take on, and consequently lose to, Boris Johnson in what was effectively an Eton old boys dick measuring competition.

In fairness wasn't it in the Tory manifesto in 2015 so he pretty much had to go through with it.

The vote should never have gone the way it did and it wouldn't have done had the remain campaign not been based on fear but on shouting out the positives of remaining in the EU. Leave in fairness played a blinder as they promoted positives. They may have been based on total bullshit but they were positives non the less and for many people whose research doesn't go much beyond reading the headline in the sun or daily mail it was enough.

• Like 1

Leave leaned quite heavily on fear as well. A bunch of Leave clearings in the woods repeating Project Fear at every opportunity doesn't erase the amount of fear running through the Leave campaign like a stick of rock.

• Like 1

Â