The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

3 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Why are people conflating these two things?

This particular group of people might be but it seems much more commonplace.

There is a vast amount of difference between an institution or the NUS or whoever having a particular policy of not allowing people with an unfriendly political opinion to speak and a group of people going to protest (which usually involves getting loud and demonstrative and, sometimes, much more) in order to express their opinion about the speaker.

Rees-Mogg wasn't, as far I'm aware, there to debate and to have his opinions, claims or outright lies challenged by anyone. He was there to give a sermon and spread his word.

Exactly, he wasn't 'no-platformed', he was literally granted a platform. Whatever it is, it's the opposite of 'no-platforming'. 

• Like 2

Just now, bickster said:

I really really hope Gove is the next Tory leader. 

Tbf they could pick a name out of a hat, they're mostly shit, and all of them are words removed. 

They haven't got a good (for a Tory - they're all bad for everyone bar the specific few) candidate anywhere. Look at the runners last time. Leadsom nearly **** won, and she's the kind of person you'd have to have a look outside if she told you the sky was blue. May won and she's a wannabe dictator who wouldn't know what being human was if you gave her an encyclopedia solely on the subject.

29 minutes ago, bickster said:

I really really hope Gove is the next Tory leader. 

I see him as being far too smart to take this on until after May has made a complete and utter balls of things (precise metric is fluidic, but we ain't here yet). Though, I pity the country as he'd sell his Mom's home out from under her for a profit.

26 minutes ago, villakram said:

I see him as being far too smart to take this on until after May has made a complete and utter balls of things (precise metric is fluidic, but we ain't here yet). Though, I pity the country as he'd sell his Mom's home out from under her for a profit.

That's basically the perfect answer to the first question on the Tory party application form.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, villakram said:

I see him as being far too smart ...

Don't fall into the Gove, he's really clever trap. He's just another self-serving twunt that uses big words to give the impression that he's clever. He's got zero common sense if you believe that he believes the crap he comes out with.

Free Schools were his brainwave. Yep, giving government money to people to run schools and they can employ unqualified teachers is basically what they boil down to

Its no shock really that free schools fail OFSTED inspections at a much higher rate than normal state schools

Over 60 Free Schools have either closed, partially closed or never even opened in the first place (wasting yet more millions of our tax funds and Education Budget)

Clever twunt isn't he, he's dumbed down yet another generation.

But he uses big words so he must be clever the smarmy arse

• Like 3

Gove: 

Describes himself as 'christian and proud of it', also credits his christian faith for how he approached his job as Justice Minister.

Whilst Minister for Education, gave the approval for 3 schools that taught creationism and intelligent design.

Was behind the plan for Gove's version of the King James Bible to be distributed to every school in England and Wales.

PAY-NO-SOCIAL-USE-President-elect-Donald

• Like 1

Gove is a monumental bell end.  If they learned anything from the election last year it surely has to be that the Tory brand is still toxic and they have to choose their next leader wisely.  There are a number of younger, more liberal Tory MPs out there who could be in with an outside chance.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yeah but he upset teachers so he's great hahahah

Teaching is easy, teachers don't know what they're doing, they have too much time off, they don't work very hard and they chose to be teachers so shouldn't complain. Etc, etc, choose your flavour of ignorance.

In reality, to think it is funny to anger teachers is monumentally stupid, since education is such an important facet of a harmonious society. But yeh, let's piss off the folks that help shape the future generations of this country.

Edit: Anyway, I think we've had this particular debate before. 

Edited by PompeyVillan

4 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Teaching is easy, teachers don't know what they're doing, they have too much time off, they don't work very hard and they chose to be teachers so shouldn't complain. Etc, etc, choose your flavour of ignorance.

In reality, to think it is funny to anger teachers is monumentally stupid, since education is such an important facet of a harmonious society. But yeh, let's piss off the folks that help shape the future generations of this country.

Edit: Anyway, I think we've had this particular debate before. 

to be fair to VT, there was some in joke / rory delap / baiting going on

and we have some master baiters on here

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

There are a number of younger, more liberal Tory MPs out there who could be in with an outside chance.

Have you seen who is going to be voting for the next leader? If the deranged witterings on Conservative Home are anything to go by, they'll accept nothing less than Rees-Mogg or the ghost of Oswald Mosley.

• Haha 1

Â