The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Richard Branson has an army of poorly trained cost effective law administrators at hand I'm sure.

More seriously in terms of Snowy's question, does this mean people will spend longer in cells awaiting trial, how long can someone be locked up awaiting trial, and given the problems our prisons already have after privatisation, what happens when these people get backed up?

• Like 1

We had to submit one question for Theresa May in advance of her Wales visit and this is what happened

'Speed-dating used to be confined to singles’ events at nightclubs or cheap TV programmes.

It wasn’t meant to make the transition to political journalism, but these days it seems to be a preferred means of engagement for the Prime Minister and her advisers.

If Theresa May wanted to convince me that she’d cracked Brexit, she could hardly have gone about it in a more inept way.

A day before she arrived in Wales as part of her four-nation Brexit tour of the UK – which was taking place exactly 12 months in advance of our departure from the EU – I was asked by a Number 10 press officer to send in the single question I would be allowed to ask her.

This I did – knowing that if I failed to do so, I wouldn’t get a question at all.

Surely this made New Labour control freakery – which I also experienced – appear positively benign. What faith can one have in a political leader who wants to know all the questions they will face in advance?'

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/submit-one-question-theresa-advance-14474745.amp?__twitter_impression=true

More control-freakery weirdness at the link. Upshot: she can't think on her feet. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

We had to submit one question for Theresa May in advance of her Wales visit and this is what happened

'Speed-dating used to be confined to singles’ events at nightclubs or cheap TV programmes.

It wasn’t meant to make the transition to political journalism, but these days it seems to be a preferred means of engagement for the Prime Minister and her advisers.

If Theresa May wanted to convince me that she’d cracked Brexit, she could hardly have gone about it in a more inept way.

A day before she arrived in Wales as part of her four-nation Brexit tour of the UK – which was taking place exactly 12 months in advance of our departure from the EU – I was asked by a Number 10 press officer to send in the single question I would be allowed to ask her.

This I did – knowing that if I failed to do so, I wouldn’t get a question at all.

Surely this made New Labour control freakery – which I also experienced – appear positively benign. What faith can one have in a political leader who wants to know all the questions they will face in advance?'

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/submit-one-question-theresa-advance-14474745.amp?__twitter_impression=true

More control-freakery weirdness at the link. Upshot: she can't think on her feet. 

Maybot V2.0.0

Difficult to know who's software interface is most in need of a patch, Maybot or Walesonline.

We've got half a shit story that we've actually completely misunderstood the point of, we've tenuously linked it to your area, before you can read it, please click on this shit survey and receive sponsored messages, please don't disable pop ups. Our instinct over time has always been wrong, from the 1930's, through the 1980's to now, we have been on the side of the bosses but you haven't noticed.

and Walesonline is no better.

• Haha 1

Malnourished pupils with grey skin are "filling their pockets" with food from school canteens in poor areas due to poverty, head teachers say.

The heads, from various parts of England and Wales, described differences in the appearance of some pupils.

One head said: "My children have grey skin, poor teeth, poor hair; they are thinner."

The government said measures were in place to tackle poverty.

Lynn, a head teacher from a former industrial town in Cumbria, who did not want to give her full name, was one of a number of head teachers speaking to reporters at the National Education Union conference in Brighton.

They were highlighting the issues faced by an increasing number of children growing up in poverty, and how their experiences affect their education.

BBC

• Sad 1

Have I Got News For You is 'too vicious' for women, says Nadine Dorries

MP Nadine Dorries says Have I Got News For You is "too vicious" for most female guests, and does not "lend itself to women feeling comfortable".

Ms Dorries appeared on the BBC panel show in 2012 - but said she has turned down all further offers.

She was speaking after team captain Ian Hislop said female politicians were "more reticent" to be the guest host.

Ten male politicians have sat in the host's seat, but Anne Widdecombe is the only female politician to have done so.

Ms Dorries told BBC News: "I just don't think Have I Got News For You is a programme which lends itself to women feeling comfortable. I find it too vicious.

"I know people like that. That's why they love the programme - it's so successful. I just find it too vicious, too abrasive.

"It's all about banter - women don't banter in that way, or very rarely. You might get the odd woman who would, but most women don't banter in that way, don't have that degree of aggression."

...more on link

Just let me get this straight: this is Nadine Dorries saying that she finds something too abrasive and too vicious? :o

She does go on to say that, " You might get the odd woman who..."

Yes, Nadine, one might if one looked hard enough. ;)

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Boris Johnson

He is just one of those "In plain site" type people.  Their "Odd little ways" and little mistakes and mumbles often exist to cover up something.  Sadly in the case of Boris,  he quite adequately I feel hides the fact from the public at large that he is a thick useless word removed.  I think he is the Foreign secretary though which makes it worse I suppose ?

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

the great and good in the British media have pretty much ignored the outright lie from the Secretary of state, burying it below stories on the gender pay gap and the Duke of Edinburgh's hip.

Tuesday Media: I'm very concerned about racism in politics.

Wednesday Media: I don't want to talk about Boris Johnson.  

15 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Essentially, he's lied as Secretary of state and then used that lie to act against a foreign power

That is completely untrue, isn't it? Johnson is a complete dickhead and utterly unsuitable to be in any kind of position of responsibility, for sure. but making stuff up like that is the sort of thing you'd expect him to do, not people criticising him.  

10 hours ago, blandy said:

That is completely untrue, isn't it? Johnson is a complete dickhead and utterly unsuitable to be in any kind of position of responsibility, for sure. but making stuff up like that is the sort of thing you'd expect him to do, not people criticising him.  

Hasn't he expelled diplomats on the basis of his evidence of Russian responsibility?

29 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Hasn't he expelled diplomats on the basis of his evidence of Russian responsibility?

The Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs of Her Majesties Government letting fly with playground level bullshit, on camera.

You can go far with good connections and a PM that's playing at party politics with the Foreign Office, during Brexit, itself triggered by a PM playing at party politics before serving the interests of the nation.

Anyway...

... I'm guessing there's other evidence pointing at the Russians that he knew he shouldn't divulge?

I'm also guessing BJ doesn't want the Russians, or the UK public, to know just how closely we can be watched when they put their minds to it?

• Like 1

Â