The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, Risso said:

I don't think even the use of allegedly stops being that being massively untrue.  It's the sort of nonsense being peddled by your average Momentum supporter who are now starting to say that the whole protest was a put up job by Rees-Mogg.

In the video all I could see were supposedly supporters of the Trotskyite SWP.

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

In the video all I could see were supposedly supporters of the Trotskyite SWP.

I mean online.  Lots of people are claiming it as some sort of false flag operation.

18 minutes ago, Risso said:

That's not what the video shows.  The prostestor gets a shove in the back, and then tries to punch the bloke in the white shirt.  The bloke in the white shirt, in trying to defend himself from the punch, catches the woman in the face with his arm.  I'm sure that technically both the protestor (Josh Connor) and the bloke in the shirt (Paul Townsley) could be charged with affray or whatever, but I don't imagine the police would be too bothered about it.  I maintain though, that if you turn up dressed like terrorists in balaclavas and ski masks and start shouting and swearing at people, tensions are soon going to rise and violence becomes more likely.  There was no need for any of it.

away with you , this is the bash a tory thread , no place for the truth in here  ... we all know that Mogg engineered the whole thing I'm sure it will turn out that Connor is  really a Young Conservative member on the payroll

Everyone hates a Tory so best have somewhere to air it. The current lot are both evil as their creed would require, but also **** stupid with it, so best get the bashing bats. Preferably cricket. To the head.

1 hour ago, PompeyVillan said:

This Mogg stuff is all a huge distraction from the real issues facing the country. It's a good chance for the media attack dogs to do their job and stoke the fires again. And for some it's a perfect chance to drag out the rote right wing nonsense they've been weened on. In reality, it makes all sides look stupid, you're either defending folk that think protesting in ski masks is a good idea or protecting Jacob Rees Mogg and his Nazi dress up friend. 

Internal divisions over Brexit, the unraveling of privitisation, 33% reduction in nurses training, under resourced police. Etc, etc. Real, tangible issues that affect people on a day to day basis all driven by Conservative ideology and totally avoidable. 

But go on, indulge yourself in a bit of anti left propaganda if it makes you feel any better. 

Yep. Stupid, pointless and counter productive. The Tory Toff came out of it looking more statesmanlike. Open goal for him really. Stick to the issues people. That's the best way to get rid of them ....

4 minutes ago, Jon said:

Yep. Stupid, pointless and counter productive. The Tory Toff came out of it looking more statesmanlike. Open goal for him really. Stick to the issues people. That's the best way to get rid of them ....

Well no, because there's an alarming amount of people in this country who share his retrograde views.

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Well no, because there's an alarming amount of people in this country who share his retrograde views.

what's the best way to get rid then? Storm his speeches in ski masks?

The issues are what will do for them. Challenge their views.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jon said:

which ironically was what he was happy to discuss when they screeched over the top of him

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jon said:

Indeed Jon.  Jacob Rees-Mogg came out of it looking like the most reasonable person there, which for someone with his religious views takes quite some doing.  I find the likes of John McDonnell to be a dangerous lunatic, but I'm not going to go to one of his events and start swearing at him.*

* Because he'd probably have one of his mates semtex my car. 

• Haha 4

Just now, bickster said:

LOL it’s just the lefts equivalent of Trump supporters

Yes, exactly right.  I just wish that these idiots on both sides could be put on their own island somewhere and left to Tweet each other into oblivion.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PompeyVillan said:

Would you be happy with him as Prime Minister? 

happier than I would be with Corbyn for sure but he wouldn't be my first choice  ... mind you the Tory's are not exactly blessed with options at the moment  ... Mogg seems to have taken over the role of harmless buffoon from Boris and has the advantage of being able to articulate as well

48 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

happier than I would be with Corbyn for sure but he wouldn't be my first choice  ... mind you the Tory's are not exactly blessed with options at the moment  ... Mogg seems to have taken over the role of harmless buffoon from Boris and has the advantage of being able to articulate as well

It would have to be Gove for me.  I know he's not well-liked, but he's the brightest of all of them, and is actually doing a very good job in his current role.  Plus, he gets my thanks for effectively stopping that blithering idiot Johnson running in the leadership contest.

May - weak, spineless and is clearly regretting ever taking the f-ing job.

John - absolute gobshite, only in it for himself and the jolly japes

Rees-Mogg - clever at being a politician but has the cold, dead eyes that only the worst kind of religious nutcase ever has.  Anyone dressing their kids in tweed jackets like a mini-me of themselves is more than a bit odd.

Gove - looks a bit odd, but anyone who the majority of teachers doesn't like is OK with me and was probably doing a good job.

35 minutes ago, Risso said:

It would have to be Gove for me.  I know he's not well-liked, but he's the brightest of all of them, and is actually doing a very good job in his current role.  Plus, he gets my thanks for effectively stopping that blithering idiot Johnson running in the leadership contest.

May - weak, spineless and is clearly regretting ever taking the f-ing job.

John - absolute gobshite, only in it for himself and the jolly japes

Rees-Mogg - clever at being a politician but has the cold, dead eyes that only the worst kind of religious nutcase ever has.  Anyone dressing their kids in tweed jackets like a mini-me of themselves is more than a bit odd.

Gove - looks a bit odd, but anyone who the majority of teachers doesn't like is OK with me and was probably doing a good job.

Yeah I think Gove as well , another one that's quite articulate ... but I think he's a little damaged in the eyes of the great unwashed  ..nothing that can't be fixed with a few people in a field wearing wellies living on Daddy's trust fund chanting Oh Michael Gove  over and over I suppose

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

protesting / no platforming people

Why are people conflating these two things?

This particular group of people might be but it seems much more commonplace.

There is a vast amount of difference between an institution or the NUS or whoever having a particular policy of not allowing people with an unfriendly political opinion to speak and a group of people going to protest (which usually involves getting loud and demonstrative and, sometimes, much more) in order to express their opinion about the speaker.

Rees-Mogg wasn't, as far I'm aware, there to debate and to have his opinions, claims or outright lies challenged by anyone. He was there to give a sermon and spread his word.

• Like 1

Â