The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 minute ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Would anyone really want it currently ? (To govern)

I imagine either the internal opposition to the Regime, or the official Opposition, would swim through crocodiles for the chance.

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

Amongst other things (Hon Pres of Conservative Friends of Israel and a senior consultant to JLT Group), he is Chairman of TWC Associates’ Advisory Board. TWC describes itself as:

Yes, I mentioned this on a previous page. But I feel like there's a lot more to be discovered with this guy, in particular exactly how he keeps his lobbying separate from his legislating (or more likely doesn't) and what his 'offer' is to potential clients. I also can't help but wonder if he's organised meetings with any other friendly Israeli figures for MP's. Basically, this is where I am:

54 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Would anyone really want it currently ? (To govern)

51 minutes ago, peterms said:

I imagine either the internal opposition to the Regime, or the official Opposition, would swim through crocodiles for the chance.

I have a source that tells me regularly that Labour are a government in waiting and once in power (current estimates: sometime before the last date for Christmas postage), they will announce 'ha ha! we are really a remain party!' and we can all get back to normal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I have a source that tells me regularly that Labour are a government in waiting and once in power (current estimates: sometime before the last date for Christmas postage), they will announce 'ha ha! we are really a remain party!' and we can all get back to normal.

Wishful thinking? ITK? Pulled out of arse?

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

That source isn't a regular, bollitix poster by any chance? One who may err or the side of perpetual optimism?  :detect:

Sounds a top guy, whoever they are.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Despicable Complete and Utter Tories World Cup: two go through from groups A and B, winners of groups C to F

Group A: Gove  / Johnson / Patel / Fabricant / Pickles

Group B: Redwood / Fox / May / Goldsmith / Green

Group C: Davis / Hammond / Rudd / Leadsom 

Group D: Grayling / Truss / Osborne / Dorries

Group E: G Shapps / Michael Green / Seb Fox / I D Smith

Group F: Rees Mogg / Hunt / Javid / Cash

next round, straight to knock out: A1 vs B2  / B1 vs A2 / C vs F / D vs E

(robbed and altered it from variations on that twitter)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Despicable Complete and Utter Tories World Cup: two go through from groups A and B, winners of groups C to F

Group C looks like the Group of Death.

Can I suggest calling it the 'Complete and Utter Nasty Tories World Cup' though?

• Like 4

Just now, dAVe80 said:

Group C looks like the Group of Death.

Can I suggest calling it the 'Complete and Utter Nasty Tories World Cup' though?

There's always a group of death. Plus Group E looks like a bit of a two horse race.

I think it was called something like that on the internet. Some guy from mashable started it and it took on a life of it's own.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

which Johnson though  - Boris or Jo ?

also Osborne has to be disqualified surely ? for not being an MP rather than for a Maradonna impression

Edited by tonyh29

Just now, tonyh29 said:

which Johnson though  - Boris or Jo ?

also Osborne has to be disqualified surely ? for not being an MP rather than for a Maradonna impression

The big flabby adulterer Johnson, the one with the once secret love child, the one that's an incompetent liability as Foreign Secretary, that Johnson.

Osborne is in there because I thought he could play his games on the weekend when he has the most free time.

Should add, he's also asked if he can be fourth official in Group B if games are evening kick off. Oh, and he's going to engrave the cup for us in his lunch hour.

• Like 1

Â