The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

This is why even though Labour didn't win the election, stopping the Tories getting a majority was as good as.

Tories can't get away with anything now; they have to tread carefully over everything. The net result of the hung parliament, even with the S&D agreement is that it's great for us all and every piece of legislation has to be moderate. I originally said that I don't want to leave the EU because they shield us (the plebs) against the Tories but the Tories being denied a majority in parliament has the same general effect. Obviously Brexit will still be economically and socially disastrous though, although I still can't see it happening for any one of a thousand reasons, not least Northern Ireland.

36 minutes ago, darrenm said:

This is why even though Labour didn't win the election, stopping the Tories getting a majority was as good as.

Tories can't get away with anything now; they have to tread carefully over everything. The net result of the hung parliament, even with the S&D agreement is that it's great for us all and every piece of legislation has to be moderate. I originally said that I don't want to leave the EU because they shield us (the plebs) against the Tories but the Tories being denied a majority in parliament has the same general effect. Obviously Brexit will still be economically and socially disastrous though, although I still can't see it happening for any one of a thousand reasons, not least Northern Ireland.

wait , what  ..Labour didn't win the election  ??

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

wait , what  ..Labour didn't win the election  ??

I know, with the Tories hiding and all their policy effectively being decided by Labour, you'd be forgiven for thinking they had!

37 minutes ago, peterms said:

For context, I believe from the radio this morning that about 40 brexit tories met whips this morning for discussions. This evening it's about 30 remainer tories meeting whips.

What an absolute mess.

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

What an absolute mess.

The blackest of comedy. Might as well enjoy whilst you can. The joke will be on us eventually.

MPs getting their money out the country for the crash. No doubt it'll be back, should the broken country's assets go up for grabs on the cheap.

12 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

For context, I believe from the radio this morning that about 40 brexit tories met whips this morning for discussions. This evening it's about 30 remainer tories meeting whips.

What an absolute mess.

I believe that's what they call 'rolling your sleeves up' and 'mucking in'.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Â