The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

UK will back total ban on bee-harming pesticides, Michael Gove reveals

Exclusive: Research leads environment secretary to overturn government’s previous opposition, making total EU ban much more likely

Guardian

Well done Pob.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Apparently it's common practice in the Cabinet.

I think it's overall structure which is both jovial in character and with a slight sycophantic tone is the same as a letter one could hope to receive from the "Social Services Department" when "we regrettably have to inform you we the "SSD" can't and wouldn't pay for the (vital) Oxygen tent for your Nan who lives upstairs in a spare cupboard you did not tell us about.

She will have of course have a better view with no pesky plastic in the way. Win, Win,  Let us know when we can pick it up? SSD"

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

2 hours ago, darrenm said:

What am I missing here? Why is the very positive letter from Theresa May to Priti Patel addressed as from Priti Patel?

23319420_1726323854084344_1265406415693296034_n.thumb.jpg.7a3c30423cd388cea9df1d6b8db61167.jpg

I don’t think you are missing anything, well other than the fact that it also appears to be addresssed to the PM. Unless there is some odd querk or rule I’m not aware of it seems whoever drafted it for the PM to sign cocked up.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, a m ole said:

question - why does Michael Fallon retain his knighthood despite what’s happened?

debasement on what grounds ?  at the moment everything is just allegation isn't it ?

17 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Is it? I took his resignation to be indicative that he was admitting guilt.

he's denied some allegations .....  the one that seems to have caused his resignation was after he attempted to kiss a 29 year old  political reporter ....on top of the hand on the knee allegation ( non event)  and Rudd's inappropriate comments claim (denied) )  tbh  I'm not really sure that's enough grounds to remove a knighthood from someone ?

if it transpires there is more to it then yep prosecute and do whatever needs to be done but without trivialising matters I'd kinda want a bit more than he tried to kiss a woman who he's shared drinks with a few times  ...

13 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

and Rudd's inappropriate comments claim (denied) )  tbh  I'm not really sure that's enough grounds to remove a knighthood from someone ?

*Leadsom

I'd give him a lobotomy for that not remove his knighthood :mrgreen:

37 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

he's denied some allegations .....  the one that seems to have caused his resignation was after he attempted to kiss a 29 year old  political reporter ....on top of the hand on the knee allegation ( non event)  and Rudd's inappropriate comments claim (denied) )  tbh  I'm not really sure that's enough grounds to remove a knighthood from someone ?

if it transpires there is more to it then yep prosecute and do whatever needs to be done but without trivialising matters I'd kinda want a bit more than he tried to kiss a woman who he's shared drinks with a few times  ...

I didn’t suggest there was, my point was it’s not “just” an allegation, it’s multiple and I find it hard to believe he would resign had they all been without substance.

• Like 2

Just posing the question as I saw him referred to as ‘Sir’, and I wasn’t sure what would constitute as grounds for removal. Wonder if it would have been done had he been fired and not resigned to put the fire out, or if it will be done if anything more comes of it.

Â