The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

3 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Strange if he doesn"t have a clue what it is about. 

It will be interesting to see how this all pans out. Many of these allegations if true should mean a number of MPs will have to stand down.

Saw an article that reckoned could be 12 MP’s ... didn’t say if they were all one party though

presumably Corbyn is one of them after his Boob grab on election night :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So it turns out the queen takes our money and hides it in offshore tax havens.

They've also come up with the best ever excuse for having invested in the Brighthouse money lending scam - apparently they have so much money they get other people to deal with it and hadn't realised they were making obscene interest rate profits off the poor. 

I would never of thought it.

Royals Offshore Tax Haven Scam

Millions of pounds from the Queen’s private estate invested in a Cayman Islands fund as part of an offshore portfolio that has never before been disclosed

10 hours ago, blandy said:

The Queen thing. She pays tax voluntarily (since about 20 years ago, iirc) so she’s not really “tax dodging” by putting the money in offshoria is she?

The Queen stuff within this is a bit pathetic but I suppose news worthyish.  It's the amounts and who controls it and where they live that is the problem here I think.  Do the Queen need to or want to know where all here money is.  I think you are correct,  she pays voluntarily.  More than a few Lords put together I suspect. 

A former Conservative Party activist who informed the House of Commons authorities of an alleged rape says her complaints were completely ignored.

"Amanda" told the Victoria Derbyshire programme she asked the Commons clerk to raise concerns about the "toxic" Westminster culture with senior Tories.

Her concerns about the culture were passed to the leader of the House but no-one can confirm what happened next.

Commons leader Andrea Leadsom has said she was not told about the rape claim.

Amanda - whose name has been changed to protect the identity of both parties - says she was raped by someone who worked for a Conservative MP.

She said: "I was raped by someone senior to me in the Conservative Party. It was violent. It wasn't in Westminster, it was in my own home.

BBC

5 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

In the amounts at play,  I don't think she has billions in this thing is what  I mean.  

I would agree with you that £10 Million was small beer, if we weren't short of a couple of mental health beds and if schools had adequate facilities.

That money salted away overseas, it's an absolute disgrace. The defence that she can't be expected to know where all her money is (as I've heard several times today), suggests she already has enough and doesn't need any more.

It stinks. She isn't to be measured against other rich folk, she wants to be treated as an exception, she has to be above such grubby greedy dealings.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I would agree with you that £10 Million was small beer, if we weren't short of a couple of mental health beds and if schools had adequate facilities.

That money salted away overseas, it's an absolute disgrace. The defence that she can't be expected to know where all her money is (as I've heard several times today), suggests she already has enough and doesn't need any more.

It stinks. She isn't to be measured against other rich folk, she wants to be treated as an exception, she has to be above such grubby greedy dealings.

I can’t believe I’m saying this really, as I’m pretty much a republican when it comes to the royal family and all that, but genuinely “ woman who is already exempt from paying tax has money in tax haven” isn’t an issue for me, or at least the tax haven part isn’t. After some previous kerfuffle about how the royals get a shed load of money for wearing hats, she volunteered to pay some tax. Maybe this time she’ll volunteer to pay a bit more. So in this instance, like with so much, it’s the system at fault not the person.

Anyway, She’s just a humble queen who worked her way up through the ranks, all the way from Princess, to take the top job in royalling. So what if she squirrels away a few million from her inherited wealth and government handouts  - magic money tree can soon grow some more.

We'll agree to disagree then.

I'm not currently in a position to be ok with rich royals stashing millions and millions offshore.

I've got pensioners' flats across the way from me. Council can't afford to keep the street lights on around their paths.

To be fair, this revelation has not changed my view of the royals, just further vindicated it.

40 minutes ago, blandy said:

I can’t believe I’m saying this really, as I’m pretty much a republican when it comes to the royal family and all that, but genuinely “ woman who is already exempt from paying tax has money in tax haven” isn’t an issue for me, or at least the tax haven part isn’t. After some previous kerfuffle about how the royals get a shed load of money for wearing hats, she volunteered to pay some tax. Maybe this time she’ll volunteer to pay a bit more. So in this instance, like with so much, it’s the system at fault not the person.

Anyway, She’s just a humble queen who worked her way up through the ranks, all the way from Princess, to take the top job in royalling. So what if she squirrels away a few million from her inherited wealth and government handouts  - magic money tree can soon grow some more.

The issue is that taxdodging is morally wrong and shows contempt for other people.  I think it was some US self-absorbed diva who said "Only little people pay taxes".  This is why taxdodgers hide their affairs from the light of day, even when they assure us that what they do is legal; they are ashamed.  They know that if the government wishes to bring in a certain amount of tax and they dodge it, then other people with less wealth will have to pick up the taxdodgers' tab as well.

This is why queenie "volunteered" to pay tax, why it is important to say she knew nothing about the current arrangements, why that not very funny comic who was caught a few years ago said it was an error of judgement, why Ashcroft won't face the cameras.  They know it is indefensible.

So for queenie, as nominal head of state, to be caught in a venal exercise involving in some way shitting on her "subjects", is both embarrassing and, more to the point, further undermines already failing support for that institution.  Bad move.  Foolish advisers.  But it also indicates that there has been no guidance given on where the money may be invested, which is very clearly a major failing for someone who is held up as some sort of exemplar and figurehead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

This government is a disgrace.

I think that probably sums it up.

It is comfortably the most shambolic government of my adult life (I am 43) and probably some way before that. Thatcher was an evil cow but at least you sensed for most of her time as PM she knew what she was doing and was in control and leading. May simply is not a leader.

The legacy of the Tories time in power will again be one of destruction and making lives poorer for the masses and unbearable for many. I will never understand how anyone votes for them.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

Priti Patel probably shouldn't have a job ATM. After coincidentally going on holiday to Israel with an important member of the Israeli lobby in Parliament just happening to be nearby, and having previously been a chair of the Israeli Friends Tory group, and then just happening to go to see an old friend who just happens to be the head of the Israeli opposition, and not telling anyone about it that just so happened to be against the rules, she's now admitted she also just so happened to meet Netanyahu.

So cynical.

She said that she went on a 'family holiday paid for myself [sic].'

On it, she had the opportunity to meet a few people and was so enthusiastic that she met the following (as per official statement):

Prime Minister Netanyahu

Introductory meeting. Discussion of:

• the Secretary of State’s family background – parents who fled Uganda in the 1970s, her experience growing up in an area of the UK with a thriving Jewish community, her political journey
  • the Israeli domestic political scene
  • India, given the Secretary of State’s family background
  • the PM’s forthcoming visit to the UK
  • prospects for closer collaboration between Israel and the UK on development and humanitarian issues.

Yuval Rotem – Israeli Foreign Ministry

General introduction on the Secretary of State’s background, discussion of British politics, Israel’s approach to development and humanitarian issues, and prospects for partnership work between Israel and the UK on development and humanitarian issues.

Gilad Erdan - Minister for Public Security, Information and Strategic Affairs

General introduction on the Secretary of State’s background. Discussion of British politics, growing anti-Semitism within the British political scene, and a cultural festival in London.

Yair Lapid – Leader of Yesh Atid

General introduction. Discussion of backgrounds, families and careers to date. General discussion of British politics, including the growing anti-Semitism within UK politics.

IsraAID – emergency humanitarian aid NGO

General introduction to their work, at the home of Hilda Worth.

Dr Aliza Inbal - Pears Programme for Global Innovation

General introduction to their work.

Dinner organised by the Pears Programme with Sivan Ya’ari – Innovation Africa, Glenn Yago - Milken Institute, Yosef Abramovitz – Energiya Global Capital, Mandie Winston – American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee

General introduction to and discussion of the work of these organisations.

Haim Taib – Mitrelli Group

Presentation on their work, on water, farming, solar and hospital projects in Africa.

Visit to Save a Child’s Heart

Visit to a hospital to meet children and their families from Gaza and Africa who had been given life-saving heart surgery.

Dr Hirschfeld, Shimon Hefetz – Galilee International Management Institute

General introduction to their work.

Meeting with a group of startups with a focus on Africa: Vital Capital, MobileODT, Equatel Health, Cassit Orthopedics, Ltd, NUFiltration Ltd, Fair Planet.

Introduction and demonstration of new technologies for development – e.g. mobile cancer screening, water filtration, splints and supports for people with disabilities.

Jean Judes - Beit Issie Shapiro, and Pablo Kaplan – Wheelchairs of Hope

Visited a charity dedicated to disability and social inclusion internationally. Visited a sensory playground for children living with disability and discussed wheelchair technology for children.

The Queen goes on state visits and meets fewer people.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chindie said:

Priti Patel probably shouldn't have a job ATM. After coincidentally going on holiday to Israel with an important member of the Israeli lobby in Parliament just happening to be nearby, and having previously been a chair of the Israeli Friends Tory group, and then just happening to go to see an old friend who just happens to be the head of the Israeli opposition, and not telling anyone about it that just so happened to be against the rules, she's now admitted she also just so happened to meet Netanyahu.

She's had a slap on the wrist though so that just so happens to be ok.

And in Boris news, he's potentially threatened a defence case in Iran after mistakenly talking about the case of a woman married to a British guy who Iran arrested earlier in the year on charges of propaganda against the state in essence.

But nothing will happen.

This government is a disgrace.

On the Boris thing, it’s actually worse than that. It’s not just her defence he’s harmed, he’s got her charged with another offence, literally because he opened his mouth and spouted bollocks. She’s looking at another 5 years in Iranian jail.and the only evidence the Iranians have is what Boris said

Â