The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

or is there another one ? 

The keyword here is missing.

Over a hundred pages.

I'm sure May as Home Secretary would have loved to have claimed conclusively that there was no Tory cover up, but she couldn't.

Wonder why? :)

https://skwawkbox.org/2017/10/30/major-sleaze-revelations-in-10-30-news-paper-review/

The SKWAWKBOX has been told major revelations are due in the BBC review of tomorrow’s papers due out at 10.30pm, concerning names on the Tories’ sex-pest list.

No names here until they can be corroborated, but if what we’ve heard is true it should bring down the government.

11 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

The S*n front page saying Michael Fallon put his hand on Julia Hartley-Brewer's knee 15 years ago.

That Sun one is hardly worth reporting on is it never mind front page news. It is almost as if it has been thrown out there as a way of saying this is the kind of thing we are talking about nothing to see really. Brewer has played it right down. In fairness pompous Tory likes a bit of inappropriate touchy feely should come as no surprise.

I'd imagine there are far worse cases of harassment in all this but I am not sure how badly the right wing rags will want to expose it given the precarious position the Tories are in.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I think Labour have compiled their own dossier, John Mann has/is doing it, and it has four or five names on it. The Tory one has 36 apparently.

I'd imagine all parties need to get their house in order and tackle this.

Quite a sizeable majority that for the Tories. I wonder if May can work magic...

• Like 2

I always used to think that the scandals broke down on roughly party political lines. Your average tory MP was a posh white male with limited understanding of the female of the species. Getting away from nanny and from private school he was then immersed in a private drinking club known as Westminster. Drunk, earning money and left alone, he ends up tied up in a dungeon or getting the PA preggers or buggered.

Labour was always more of a money scandal. Union leaders that acquire multiple London flats. Party hierarchy that earn £100k per annum but somehow end up with 22 London properties. Current Labour MP’s that aren’t quite sure if their main address for tax purposes is Denmark or Switzerland or Port Talbot.

A hand on a knee 15 years ago is all getting a bit silly. Probably just Mr Press Baron keeping the little piggies in line.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

A hand on a knee 15 years ago is all getting a bit silly. Probably just Mr Press Baron keeping the little piggies in line.

as things stand I'm half expecting the girl I played kiss chase with at school when I was 7to send the rozzers around as clearly she was running away and thus not consenting  ....

if it smokes out other allegations about Fallon then I guess it becomes a more serious matter , but currently this is the biggest non story since people claiming planes will be grounded after Brexit

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Apparently the Fallon story isn't even on the leaked list.

The Sun is just using this trivial allegation to down play the whole thing.

Yeah, the Fallon thing is just an irrelevance/sideshow. I don't see how it could 'kill' anything. If there is a list of people who have committed, or been accused of committing, various sexual misdemeanours, then it'll come out, one would hope. It could easily involve the police I'd imagine. 

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I'd imagine all parties need to get their house in order and tackle this.

That's a worry right there.

It's who they employ to get this multitude of dirty and filthy houses in order is my worry in all of this.  Petrol on the fire IMO.

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Is it really? Had it happened in less enlightened times, say the 70's I'd probably agree but 15 years ago was 2002. Low level sexual assault like this was as unacceptable then as it is now. It doesn’t matter what JHB says, this is a man using his position of power to push the boundaries beyond what is acceptable, had JHB said nothing? What would have happened next? Who else has he done that to? These things are rarely isolated incidents. 

Being as he’s apologised, he’s admitted it happened. He should at least be out of the cabinet for that. I just don’t think it’s as trivial as is being made out

Hmmm.

It's difficult enough as it is for the modern male to interact with other humans other than via children's internet based shoot 'em up games.

If there is to be absolutely no opportunity to find out if a female is up for it, we will die out.

I don't know the detail, but taken at face value, one hand on one knee, once. If that's always sexual assault with no excuses and no extenuating circumstances, then we're in trouble.

As an old fogey, I'd suggest you should sometimes be allowed one pop, providing a knock back is the absolute end of it.

There, I said it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

It's difficult enough as it is for the modern male to interact with other humans other than via children's internet based shoot 'em up games.

As an old fogey,

You don't say ;) 

• Like 1

Â