The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I wouldn't want to sound too cynical here, but I seem to recall Theresa May's husband worked as a portfolio manager for Prudential.

That's the same company who (certainly used to be) is the largest shareholder of G4S Plc.

And now G4S are due to be awarded a contract with arresting powers?

Whilst Mr May's wife is the Prime Minister?

Hmmmm.

Prudential owned  5.3% of G4S total voting rights back in 2014    .. they used to own 6.3%  

a look at the current major shareholders doesn't list Prudential at all , though possibly they are a holder as part of various funds ?

Invesco Asset Management Ltd. 202,292,587 13.0%
Harris Associates LP 79,355,377 5.11%
Mondrian Investment Partners Ltd. 78,613,679 5.07%
Woodford Investment Management Ltd. 77,424,562 4.99%
Tweedy, Browne Co. LLC 77,063,413 4.97%
Marathon Asset Management LLP 51,550,687 3.32%
The Vanguard Group, Inc. 44,658,533 2.88%
BlackRock Advisors (UK) Ltd. 43,573,475 2.81%
Legal & General Investment Management Ltd. 35,909,103 2.31%
UBS Asset Management (UK) Ltd. 33,521,386

2.16%

May's Husband  is a relationship manager at an asset management firm called Capital .. he was a Prudential Portfolio Managers UK from 1983 to 2000

Apparently May and her Husband purchased some shares in Prudential way back in 2002  , long before May probably even considered being PM

as links go I think I'd like to see slightly stronger ones tbh

She could probably give it a crack. The last chancellor had no relevant qualifications and spent a good portion of time off his tits on ****. I wonder how much is really required of the chancellor that isn't actually just done by a civil servant. 

I see that slow witted plotter Michael Gove has opened his mouth and said something inappropriate again this morning, making light hearted jokes about being assaulted by Weinstein.

I'll expect to see every 'kipper, tory and right wing conspiracy theorist nutjob (yes, all three of you) lining up in this thread to condemn him... and then needing to do it again a couple of days later when someone says they didn't condemn him enough.

https://twitter.com/bbcnickrobinson/status/924173497580032000

Going into the studio is “like going into Harvey Weinstein’s bedroom - you hope to emerge with your dignity intact” Gove on #Todayat60

Nick RobinsonVerified account @bbcnickrobinson
FollowFollow @bbcnickrobinsonre
Going into the studio is “like going into Harvey Weinstein’s bedroom - you hope to emerge with your dignity intact” Gove on #Todayat60
8:18 AM - 28 Oct 2017

Edited by chrisp65

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I see that slow witted plotter Michael Gove has opened his mouth and said something inappropriate again this morning, making light hearted jokes about being assaulted by Weinstein.

I'll expect to see every 'kipper, tory and right wing conspiracy theorist nutjob (yes, all three of you) lining up in this thread to condemn him... and then needing to do it again a couple of days later when someone says they didn't condemn him enough.

FollowFollow @bbcnickrobinson
More

Got a notification on my phone that Gove has said something inappropriate, wondered what it was.

File under... it’s not really offensive to me. The jokes about being nervous, not about sexual assault or Weinstein. They are merely the props

Should a politician have said it? Probably not but as he’s playing his base he probably meant it and they won’t care.

file under tomorrow’s chip wrappers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

FollowFollow @bbcnickrobinsonre

It took nearly a week of nobody posting a thing about the Labour lad , despite the forum being over run with “I’m not a labour supporter ,but “ people before I commented about how quiet the thread was considering the amount of impartial people we claim to have in this forum

that it took about 7 1/2 seconds for the Gove post probably doesn’t prove these people are labour suporters but it does sort reaffirm the forum is largely ABT I suppose

I appreciate this post doesn’t folow the rules and the correct response should have been to change the topic back to how evil labour are perhaps even hang a banner somewhere suggesting we hang them all but I’ll assume we’ll get around to that 

Edited by tonyh29
Edit - toned down as original looked a bit too confrontational
  • Like 1

There's absolutely nothing in it.

Just looked like a timely opportunity for some lolzzz and, I suppose, to illustrate none of us are here to defend all the actions of everyone on the respective teams.

Not least, as so many of us don't actually have a team. We just utterly dislike and distrust the other team.

• Like 1

Let’s be honest if he’d had posted that on Facebook someone would have nicked it and used it here on VT and passed it off as their own work ... not that I’ve ever done that of course , no sir , not me 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

File under... it’s not really offensive to me. The jokes about being nervous, not about sexual assault or Weinstein. They are merely the props

I largely agree. It is, though, an utterly daft thing for him, a minister of state, to say on a national radio programme.

That's my problem with it.

Â