The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

59 minutes ago, bickster said:

...Low level sexual assault like this..

You're right "it" is unacceptable. I wonder though whether the term "sexual assault" really does anyone any favours, when used to mean "a hand on a knee". It's creepy, unwanted, seedy etc. but it's not "assault" of any kind, surely. People who are genuinely victims of actual sexual assault kind of deserve better than to have their experiences taken less seriously/downgraded because people think Sexual assault might have meant someone once touched them on the knee.

Fallon's an absolute tube, by the way, so I'm not defending him or 'owt.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, blandy said:

You're right "it" is unacceptable. I wonder though whether the term "sexual assault" really does anyone any favours, when used to mean "a hand on a knee". It's creepy, unwanted, seedy etc. but it's not "assault" of any kind, surely. People who are genuinely victims of actual sexual assault kind of deserve better than to have their experiences taken less seriously/downgraded because people think Sexual assault might have meant someone once touched them on the knee.

Fallon's an absolute tube, by the way, so I'm not defending him or 'owt.

Legally, that is exactly what it is. Take away the sexual aspect, you touch someone in an unwanted way, it’s classed as assault. With the sexual aspect which here has been admitted to, its sexual assault. If it isn't then we start introducing grey areas and that’s the last thing I presume anyone wants

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Legally, that is exactly what it is. Take away the sexual aspect, you touch someone in an unwanted way, it’s classed as assault. With the sexual aspect which here has been admitted to, its sexual assault. If it isn't then we start introducing grey areas and that’s the last thing I presume anyone wants

Legally I don't think that is the case  ?  .. There can be no assault if the act does not produce a true apprehension of harm in the victim.... so a gentle hand on a knee would struggle to qualify as assault  .... unless perhaps  it's carrying a machete at the time

• Like 1

One of the comments on Guido's page about one of the Cabinent ministers who we'd all be immensely surprised if they aren't on the list but I won't name

***** is strange. He could defecate on a monkey for sexual pleasure and people would let him off.

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Legally I don't think that is the case  ?  .. There can be no assault if the act does not produce a true apprehension of harm in the victim.... 

Go up to a woman in the street, place your head gently between her breasts and see what charge you end up on.

I imagine shouting that you caused no "apprehension of harm in the victim" will not help your cause.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Go up to a woman in the street, place your head gently between her breasts and see what charge you end up on.

I imagine shouting that you caused no "apprehension of harm in the victim" will not help your cause.

Bicks stated " Take away the sexual aspect, you touch someone in an unwanted way, it’s classed as assault"

I was questioning that conclusion that he reached ,  (hence the ? )

what you've done is add the sexual aspect , and thus move from assault  back to something covered under the Sexual Offences Act 2003

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

"Video exists of 3 men urinating on him". Whatever floats your boat and all that, that's not harming anyone.

"Likes to make have intercourse with men wearing females purfume".

Let's not demonise someone for having a consensual kink or being gay. We're past that.  Although the piss thing is quite funny. 

It's the flippant 'handsy' stuff that bothers me and the 'Inappropriate' stuff that needs looking into. It's of little surprise given the entitled attitude of some MPs. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

"Video exists of 3 men urinating on him". Whatever floats your boat and all that, that's not harming anyone.

"Likes to make have intercourse with men wearing females purfume".

Let's not demonise someone for having a consensual kink or being gay. We're past that.  Although the piss thing is quite funny. 

It's the flippant 'handsy' stuff that bothers me and the 'Inappropriate' stuff that needs looking into. It's of little surprise given the entitled attitude of some MPs. 

Yep agree, some of the stuff on there is no ones business but their own

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

I must say I took that to be a regular meeting of the 1922 Committee.

But that unredacted list would seem quite tame to the Tory party of the 70s and 80s, I suspect.

• Like 2

I am reminded of a tale told by a close friend who worked in the HoC, walking one day through the building with the vile assistant of one of the most disloyal and toxic MPs ever to disgrace the Labour benches, with the object in question giving a running commentary, sotto voce, "I've had her.  I've had her.  I've had him".

As they say, it's not about sex, it's about exerting power.

20 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I don't know the detail, but taken at face value, one hand on one knee, once. If that's always sexual assault with no excuses and no extenuating circumstances, then we're in trouble.

Indeed. All of this is getting a bit silly.

Still, it means the headlines can be about the 'Westminster scandal' of some people making unwanted passes at others rather than the story of a woman being encouraged not to report a rape by a party official (Bex Bailey/Labour).

Lisa Nandy asked May 3 times to hold an investigation as home secretary about parliamentary abuse and power exerting information held by whips. May did nothing obviously.

The list is mostly nothing but some stuff is potentially very nasty indeed and May doing nothing allowed it to continue.

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

Bye bye Michael Fallon

Over the Hartley-Brewer thing?

I'm certainly not shedding a tear as he's a ghastly piece of work but still...

Edit: Has he taken one for the team?

Edited by snowychap

10 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Over the Hartley-Brewer thing?

I'm certainly not shedding a tear as he's a ghastly piece of work but still...

Edit: Has he taken one for the team?

It seems so and yes they probably think he’s taken one for the team but there’s far worse on that list... made someone have an abortion!!!!

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

It seems so and yes they probably think he’s taken one for the team but there’s far worse on that list... made someone have an abortion!!!!

Please please please let it be Rees-Mogg.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â