The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

8 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Fallon supposedly gone because there's more potentially coming about his conduct with women.

The Hartly-Brewer thing isn't mentioned on the spreadsheet. His entry alleges other things though, including that he's a drunk but none that I can say would be resigning matters

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

The Hartly-Brewer thing isn't mentioned on the spreadsheet. His entry alleges other things though, including that he's a drunk but none that I can say would be resigning matters

It just suggests he has unusual tastes really.

The talk is there's more to come out about him that he's trying to nip in the bud by going before they are revealed.

24 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The talk is there's more to come out about him that he's trying to nip in the bud by going before they are revealed.

Presumably the decision to leave had little to do with him.

I expect a Yes Minister style "Downing Street is expecting you at 1pm in order to accept your resignation" sort of thing.

Edited by ml1dch

What I think is hypocritical is if an MP is unfit for a Ministerial position, then surely they're unfit for being an MP.

For me, I don't want a disgraced ex minister representing me.

Remove the whip and investigate please government, like the opposition have. 

Edited by PompeyVillan
  • Like 2

Can't wait to find out what "cannot be disclosed" is for DFDS / Board Of Trade Liam Fox is. Presumably it'll only be a matter of time.

Presumably it'll be something pretty big if it's even being redacted from a scurrilous gossip sheet.

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

So, turns out selling bombs to a terror state that's killing Yemeni children is fine, but touching a knee in 2002 was a resigning matter.

Nah there’s definitely more to it than the touching of a knee 15 years ago, he didn’t even get referred to the cabinet office for investigation for that one, unlike whatsisface who asked his secretary to buy sex toys, who has been referred 

• Like 2

Absolutely no chance have they dumped Fallon under the bus for a 'hand on the knee' and the issue is not necessarily what's on the list, it's the things it doesn't say. 

As for the people having affairs and liking a bit of watersports (what sane person doesn't) remember this is the Whip's list. Nobody, I don't think, is really talking about them as being in any way comparable to actual rapists.

Don't be distracted here, no more whitewashing, this government needs to walk the plank. 

9 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

remember this is the Whip's list. 

Cheif Whip's list I'd suggest being as there are three whips on it

So Gavin Williamson, has a list, this leaks, Minister resigns, Gavin jumps straight into his boots...  it doesn't get more Urquhart than that

Â