The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I was going to put this in the interesting maps thread, but decided this one was more appropriate. 

FB_IMG_1710922517760.jpg

I'll perhaps be only interesting to myself with this one but in NUTS 2 terms (the geographical grouping) West Wales there (Number one baby!!) is actually "West Wales and the Valleys". It encompasses everything in Wales that is not Powys, Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan, Newport and Monmouthshire as well as Wrexham and Flintshire. So from the Gwent Valleys in the east of Wales all the way over to the coast via Bridgend and Swansea and pretty much everything west of Mold in the North.

It's not important, the image still shows that the greatest measured difference in Northern Europe between the rich and the poor is in the UK, but the placement of the number on the map without the geographical areas being clearly defined makes it look like the Tory voters in Little England are really hard done by. Whereas it's referring to a fair bit more than half the landmass and huge swathes of the population.

Be interesting to see the maps at the NUTS 1 level, where Wales is one area.

TL:DR Wales is comparatively poor y'all

Shropshire and Staffordshire amongst the poorest, them **** in Woodside and Stoke dragging us down. 

Edited by Seat68

42 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Shropshire and Staffordshire amongst the poorest, them **** in Woodside and Stoke dragging us down. 

It'd be really interesting to know how many Tory MP's are from these poor parts of the country, especially the front benchers and cabinet. Because not one of them give a Castlemaine four x about the constituents. A quick Google doesn't give this info, and I'm too lazy to do the research whilst at work.

37 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

It'd be really interesting to know how many Tory MP's are from these poor parts of the country,

Only, coz it's fairly easy from a "West Wales" perspective, but the answer is 7 (out of 26 MP's in total). Bridgend, Preseli, Carmarthen, Ynys Mon, Vale of Clwyd, Clwyd West and also Aberconwy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

You know Stoke is a dump when it makes Crewe look nice.

Spoiler

To give Stoke some credit, I was at Westport Lake at the weekend and that's lovely.

8 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I'm surprised one of the tabloid headline writers didn't think of it. 

No doubt will be a Birmingham Mail headline in the next few days.

27 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

You know Stoke is a dump when it makes Crewe look nice.

Hide contents

To give Stoke some credit, I was at Westport Lake at the weekend and that's lovely.

There are parts which are nice. Then there are other parts which are 15k house on homes under the hammer. 

5 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

All going well.

Being as Labour won every single Borough in 2021 with an average of 67% of the vote it'll hardly matter, they might as well put up a picture of Pinocchio, it'll do no worse than any other candidate. Probably heading for a 70%+ average this time regardless 

Still amsuing though :D 

In other news, it seems that shitshow rail operating company known as Avanti will be relieved of its contract to run on the WCML in the coming days. The railways will be nationalised by default soon

• Like 2

Scott Benton (Blackpool South) just resigned his seat. He’d have been pushed anyway on the recall petition but it’s potentially brought the by-election forward

Not sure why it’s getting the headlines it is though, “Another By-Election Nightmare for Rishi” etc. It was going to happen anyway. 

Genuine question, who decides when the writ is moved for a by-election when it is an independent MP. It seems it was the Govt Chief Whip for Pincher in Tamworth, was that because he was elected as a Tory? 
It would actually make sense if the by-election was May 2nd at the same time as local elections, today was the last day for a GE on May 2nd so it should be possible to hold it then

Already a really classless video as it is, but this is the 2nd version they've posted today: now omitted is a clip in it of people running from a scene in New York.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 20/03/2024 at 13:18, Seat68 said:

I'm no expert on Salop, but everywhere I drive through, it seems really nice. 

Edited by Xela

54 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm no expert on Salop, but everywhere I drive through, it seems really nice. 

I agree to an extent so not sure how it can be the case. My assumption is parts of Telford, Wellington, Hadley, Malinslee, Woodside etc. Not the ghetto but certainly not affluent. 

Describing the capital city of a country they've governed for 14 years as the "crime capital of the world" is not the win they obviously think it is.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Describing the capital city of a country they've governed for 14 years as the "crime capital of the world" is not the win they obviously think it is.

But something most of the 'regular' voters will suck up unfortunately. 

3 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

But something most of the 'regular' voters will suck up unfortunately. 

It looked like 100% anti-Tory in the comments of that tweet. Theres never anybody stepping forward to back them publicly.

39 minutes ago, Genie said:

It looked like 100% anti-Tory in the comments of that tweet. Theres never anybody stepping forward to back them publicly.

Very few ever admit to voting Tory in public, but they're out there.

• Like 2

Â