The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

16 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

And in the style to which we've become accustomed, she's gone out with a wild rant aimed at the PM.

Says he's abandoned the fundamental principles of Conservatism. I assume because the small boats are still arriving and by not ensuring she had a cushy House of Lords number. 

24 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Says he's abandoned the fundamental principles of Conservatism. I assume because the small boats are still arriving and by not ensuring she had a cushy House of Lords number. 

All that arse kissing and nothing to show for it, what a shame for her.

• Like 1

Early prediction: narrow Tory hold in Mid Beds as both Labour and Lib Dem squabble over who is best placed to take it, a 40/30/30 split in the result, leading to four weeks of earnest hand-wringing in most newspapers about how it means the Tories will actually win the next election. 

Edited by ml1dch

15 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Early prediction: narrow Tory hold in Mid Beds as both Labour and Lib Dem squabble over who is best placed to take it, a 40/30/30 split in the result, leading to four weeks of earnest hand-wringing in most newspapers about how it means the Tories will actually win the next election. 

You’d have to pin that one on the LibDems being at fault. It’s no North Shropshire constituency

I assume there’s more completely batshit stuff in there but the clip I saw of dorries I kinda agreed with her…and now I feel unclean.

Basically that Sunak has no democratic mandate and hasn’t been elected by anyone, including the Tory membership. He’s basically a lame duck until he goes and gets some kind of mandate from the British people for his (pathetic) agenda.

The fact it’s come from Dorries, who has completely shat all over the principles of our democracy by leaving her constituents unrepresented for months does seem to dilute the message somewhat!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

The fact it’s come from Dorries, who has completely shat all over the principles of our democracy by leaving her constituents unrepresented for months does seem to dilute the message somewhat!

And the fact that it's entirely driven by her pathetic infatuation with Johnson. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

I assume there’s more completely batshit stuff in there but the clip I saw of dorries I kinda agreed with her…and now I feel unclean.

Basically that Sunak has no democratic mandate and hasn’t been elected by anyone, including the Tory membership. He’s basically a lame duck until he goes and gets some kind of mandate from the British people for his (pathetic) agenda.

She's just using a commonly held opinion to attempt to garner sympathy for herself and attack Sunak at the same time

Whether it's true or not, it doesn't mean it her actual opinion, she's also telling him she's not going to go and keep quiet (She actually thinks she has support out there!)

Not read her letter but did she mention the SAR she made and how it was always exempt from the GDPR anyway? So her whole premise for hanging on was false in the first place.

Zombie MP calls out zombie government. 

Or, as we said in the playground back in the day, "takes one to know one" 

**** shameless, but I guess we knew that. 

Knock at the door just now:

Hi, I’m canvassing on behalf of the Conservative party ahead of the upcoming election.

Me: No thank you

Can I leave you a leaflet?

Me: No you **** can’t.

Closes door.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Hi, I’m canvassing on behalf of the Conservative party ahead of the upcoming election.

Closes door.

This is why everyone needs to keep cabbages by the front door

• Like 1

A confident team, volunteering that they are tories.

We had a leaflet / free paper drop here recently, peachy coloured paper, green writing for the headlines, no logo. Lots of ‘environmental’ news. Written in a third person style ‘reporting’ on the good things our local MP had been up to. Didn’t mention he was conservative. Just a couple of pictures of him smiling with local volunteer groups in gardens and by the seaside.

You would imagine he was now a green, or an independent, except for the legal small print on the footer of the page that told you it was tory.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Genie said:

Closes door.

I'm hoping for a repeat of a couple of years ago where I saw a guy trying to gain access to our block of flats. I stopped him getting in, asked what he wanted and as he was trying to deliver Tory leaflets, I politely told him I'd take as many as he could spare so I could share them with my neighbours and put them up around work. He handed over most of what he had with a smile. I guess I'd done him a big favour handing out those leaflets for him. Straight in the recycling, obviously. 

• Like 2

super-soaker-splashmouth--mw-135846-1-1929613915.jpg.29e72710e7e7ff6e7c795243959cba53.jpg

The whole blue panel flips up when the hammer is depressed.

Its clever design enables a swift and easy refill from a tap, or any hole you piss from.

Edited by Xann
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

A confident team, volunteering that they are tories.

We had a leaflet / free paper drop here recently, peachy coloured paper, green writing for the headlines, no logo. Lots of ‘environmental’ news. Written in a third person style ‘reporting’ on the good things our local MP had been up to. Didn’t mention he was conservative. Just a couple of pictures of him smiling with local volunteer groups in gardens and by the seaside.

You would imagine he was now a green, or an independent, except for the legal small print on the footer of the page that told you it was tory.

My initial reaction was of surprise he let the cat out of the bag in his opening pre-amble. I think he’d have been better going with a generic enquiry asking about local issues without revealing who he was representing. 

• Like 1

Â