The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

But it is utterly wrong to blame me for it.

Pathetic leadership. You were the chancellor at the time and now prime minister.  This going to bite him.

There's not much of him left to bite in all honesty, at this juncture he's a lame duck PM leading a rats in a sack party

The death spiral of the Tory party continues

Just wait till a roof collapses on a room of kids. He'll be amongst the first out with the "thoughts and prayers" messages, whilst not admitting any culpability.

Vote Tory.

The media should be crucifying him for gambling with the safety of thousands of children.

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

There's not much of him left to bite in all honesty, at this juncture he's a lame duck PM leading a rats in a sack party

The death spiral of the Tory party continues

Well yes that is true but he has been polling better (or perhaps at least worst) than the actual Conservative party itself. But this won't look good on him at all brushing away any responsibility on it.

12 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Well yes that is true but he has been polling better (or perhaps at least worst) than the actual Conservative party itself. But this won't look good on him at all brushing away any responsibility on it.

Not convinced that is actually true. It's always a bit difficult comparing approval ratings for individuals to voting intentions as its very much comparing apples to pears but

For example, at the weekend there was a Guardian / Opinium poll published. The Tories were on 28% but Sunak's approval rating was at -25% but broken down that was 24% approving 49% not. So the Tories were actually polling above Sunak himself

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not convinced that is actually true. It's always a bit difficult comparing approval ratings for individuals to voting intentions as its very much comparing apples to pears but

For example, at the weekend there was a Guardian / Opinium poll published. The Tories were on 28% but Sunak's approval rating was at -25% but broken down that was 24% approving 49% not. So the Tories were actually polling above Sunak himself

Interestingly leader ratings are a much more reliable polling as to how an election will pan out than party ratings are. Historically at least

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Looks like a new Education Secretary will be on the way...

Personally, I wouldn't care if any Minster swore like a trooper as long as they actually did their job properly. Which none of this lot are doing. Rory Stewart's book basically paints them all as self-serving opportunists.

I get the impression quite a few tory ministers are getting a bit pissed off they were expected to do a day’s work for the extra cash they bank every month. Thought it was just a status / reward thing to ride through the last 18 months before redundancy.

37 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Gillian Keegan could take a shit on the Union Jack and wipe her arse with fifty pound notes and my dad would still vote Tory.

Could you, I dunno, lock him in the basement come election day or something?

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I get the impression quite a few tory ministers are getting a bit pissed off they were expected to do a day’s work for the extra cash they bank every month. Thought it was just a status / reward thing to ride through the last 18 months before redundancy.

I haven't seen my local MP around the neighbourhood for a while now. Which is a shame, because it's good fun trolling him about his forthcoming unemployment. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

I haven't seen my local MP around the neighbourhood for a while now. Which is a shame, because it's good fun trolling him about his forthcoming unemployment. 

Our MP has been in full scale hiding for over a year. Literally refuses to see anyone in person if they ask for a meeting. 

Â