The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

I have to say I am relieved that Superhero Rishi hasn’t managed the ship settling steady calm pair of hands trick they were hoping for. He’s appeared reactive to events, distracted by small boats, Dorries has helped with stringing that saga out for a couple of months. He doesn’t look comfortable in the roll and his actions so far have been to protect tax cuts for business and suggest old out of date bad EU legislation is stopping us solving the housing crisis which he will fix by allowing more shit in more rivers. All those months of anger from the public at sewage in our water systems and on our beaches, and his take is that we can close out silly historic EU legislation and increase the pollution in more waterways.

I mean, wow, more of the same please Sunak. look rich, look disinterested, shit in more rivers because that’s exactly what the EU would stop us doing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I have to say I am relieved that Superhero Rishi hasn’t managed the ship settling steady calm pair of hands trick they were hoping for. He’s appeared reactive to events, distracted by small boats, Dorries has helped with stringing that saga out for a couple of months. He doesn’t look comfortable in the roll and his actions so far have been to protect tax cuts for business and suggest old out of date bad EU legislation is stopping us solving the housing crisis which he will fix by allowing more shit in more rivers. All those months of anger from the public at sewage in our water systems and on our beaches, and his take is that we can close out silly historic EU legislation and increase the pollution in more waterways.

I mean, wow, more of the same please Sunak. look rich, look disinterested, shit in more rivers because that’s exactly what the EU would stop us doing.

What I have learned since the change of PM is that Rishi Sunak doesn’t watch the news. It’s the only explanation around how his decision making occurs.

• Like 1

There's a school of thought that says you should feign interest with Tory canvassers, and keep them on your doorstep as long as possible, finally promising you'll vote for them. That way, you keep them away from any actual undecided neighbours, and also give them false confidence in their chances. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

There's a school of thought that says you should feign interest with Tory canvassers, and keep them on your doorstep as long as possible, finally promising you'll vote for them. That way, you keep them away from any actual undecided neighbours, and also give them false confidence in their chances. 

Treat them like JWs, invite them in for a cup of tea and a chat

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, bickster said:

Treat them like JWs, invite them in for a cup of tea and a chat

My mother in law used to do that. She was a Sunday School teacher and could talk the hind legs off a Donkey. The JWs used to avoid her in the end because they'd get a good talking to about religion. 

Just now, Genie said:

Grant Shapps replaces Ben Wallace as Defence Minister. 

Pretty much telegraphed (soz) when he visited Ukraine the other week, the Energy Security and Net Zero minister was a made up Cabinet position anyway and under what guise was he visiting Ukraine in that role?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Lochheads twin said:

Zelensky must think this is a Kremlin appointment. Heaven helps us.

How he keeps getting top-table jobs is beyond me.

“Loads of ministerial experience” is the line they roll always out. The fact it’s disastrous experience is secondary.

It’s the same logic used for appointing footballer managers.

I’ve not seen anything yet in a standard quotable media, but lots of second tier media (that’s my description) are running the story that letters of no confidence are being submitted to the 1922 committee.

All part of the usual factional in fighting, but it would be great if they could get it to a point where it was tv newsworthy, but not quite enough to actually trigger a contest. Just enough to have them discussing it, constantly. Again.

If we’re lucky, they’ll even try and get Johnson in as a candidate in some pre election by-election.

• Like 1

Â