The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

The Tufton Street media (Grimes, Corcoran etc) bemoan the woke blob of the civil service for being so soft that they can't take a bit of old-fashioned tough love.

Seems to be the attack line by lapdog Tory MPs too.

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The Tufton Street media (Grimes, Corcoran etc) bemoan the woke blob of the civil service for being so soft that they can't take a bit of old-fashioned tough love.

Seems to be the attack line by lapdog Tory MPs too.

This Sophie Corcoran? Surely not?

Durham student and GB News pundit Sophie Corcoran claims she was bullied out of Tory party

The Tab

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Is this some sort of record in terms of ministers being sacked or resigning? 

From a 2019 majority to what the party is now is some high level **** up. 

I’m not sure we’ve ever had a government this bad. It almost feels like a Villa fan buying small heath just to see how much damage they can do before being run out of town. It’s staggering. 

Edited by av1

1 minute ago, av1 said:

I’m not sure we’ve ever had a government this bad. It almost feels like a Villa fan buying small heath just to see how much damage they can do before being run out of town. It’s staggering. 

I’d say it has improved slightly since BoJo was ushered away but it’s still down there with the worst I can recall in my living memory.

• Like 2

He's really not going quietly

The people of Britain will pay the price for this Kafkaesque saga
Bullying inquiry sets a precedent for officials to target ministers and will paralyse government

Today, I resigned from Cabinet following an inquiry that concluded that I had abused my power by replacing a lead negotiator when I was Foreign Secretary, and as Justice Secretary had left senior officials feeling insulted on three occasions because of direct feedback. I undertook to respect the outcome and I keep my word. But this decision is flawed and sets a dangerous precedent, which will paralyse the ability of ministers to deliver for the British people. 

As a minister, I worked with outstanding officials and I value their contribution enormously. 

Equally, the British public expect ministers to exercise rigorous oversight over officials to prevent democratic mandates being unpicked, raise the game of underperforming parts of government, and prevent Whitehall from squandering taxpayers’ money. 

Likewise, ministers should be held to the same standards as everyone else. [...]

Raab in the Torygraph (not currently paywalled)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

I believe Raab has now used the phrase "activist civil servants" in one interview

Activist SENIOR civil servants? Really? They wouldn't have got to where they are in life if they were activists

I worked for civil servants at the Inland Revenue/HMRC. They barely washed let alone bring down a government minister. My mate worked for the MOD, his focus was on the best utilisation of his flexi and hiding his affair with his colleague. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I worked for civil servants at the Inland Revenue/HMRC. They barely washed let alone bring down a government minister. My mate worked for the MOD, his focus was on the best utilisation of his flexi and hiding his affair with his colleague. 

My mate was HMRC, not allowed to be paid o/t so they received time off in lieu.

So he’d be asked to work a Sunday, which would mean he could have Monday and half of Tuesday off. Which would mean the work didn’t get done due to a net loss of half a day. So he’d be asked to work Sunday…

Used it to build up enough leave to perpetually tour europe watching random lower league football.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

I'd like to think you can 'rigourously' lead a team without resorting to bullying or being a clearing in the woods. In fact if you have to do that not only does it suggest you're quite a bad leader, it's counterproductive as it eventually pisses everyone off and saps morale.

It's pretty much universally accepted that the best managers lead and inspire rather than intimidate and browbeat. 

Nobody is going to die on that hill with you if you've bulldozed them into submission. 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I worked for civil servants at the Inland Revenue/HMRC

Yeah, I’ve  worked with plenty, too. Not one remotely activist. And last Saturday I saw my old boss from maybe 10 years ago in the supermarket and she’s changed jobs. She’s now the government’s deputy chief scientific officer ( deputy to that Chris Valance man, who was doing the Covid briefings, though he’s left now), which is quite some rise. She’s not an activist either.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Is this some sort of record in terms of ministers being sacked or resigning? 

From a 2019 majority to what the party is now is some high level **** up. 

Not a definitive answer to your question but a nice little graphic to give an indication.

Epic from Johnson, truly epic.

• Thanks 1

I had a look at the highlights of the report on the BBC website, to me in my view unless I have missed something, or the BBC has, he doesn’t come across as a Bully, but I was not one of the people who felt they were bullied so their experience may be different. What did come across though is that as bosses go he was a complete and utter word removed. 

It’s Dominic Raab - did anyone need an in depth report to know he’s a dickhead? 

Anyone who’s taken any notice of my posts will know I have less than no time for the Tory party, however, I do think that the lines around what constitutes bullying these days are very vague. At the end of the day you can’t just be nice all the time if you’re in a leadership role, you also shouldn’t overstep the mark but where that mark sits seems to vary wildly from person to person and unfortunately, it will be taken advantage of sometimes, for whatever means.

Â