The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Interview video - Guardian

Braverman's been on Sky saying that all people crossing the channel on small boats are "criminals".

Unless I missed something, it's not illegal to cross the channel if you seek asylum when you get here, and the UK still has an international legal duty to not criminally penalise anyone seeking protection as a refugee.

A reminder that Braverman has a KC after her name and she's a former Attorney General.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

Unless I missed something, it's not illegal to cross the channel if you seek asylum when you get here, and the UK still has an international legal duty to not criminally penalise anyone seeking protection as a refugee.

I think you did miss something, they are criminals in the eyes of the UK law (first law the throbbers passed oon this issue) but not in the eyes of International Law. The UK Law is yet to be tested in an international court

4 minutes ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

A reminder that Braverman has a KC after her name and she's a former Attorney General.

Her KC is honorary, she didn't earn it she gained it when she became Attorney general (A political appointment) unlike almost every other KC. As a barrister, she didn't rise above the C-Panel (the lowest level)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think you did miss something, they are criminals in the eyes of the UK law (first law the throbbers passed oon this issue) but not in the eyes of International Law. The UK Law is yet to be tested in an international court

Her KC is honorary, she didn't earn it she gained it when she became Attorney general (A political appointment) unlike almost every other KC. As a barrister, she didn't rise above the C-Panel (the lowest level)

Thanks, but I thought the impact of the new legislation was that you have only committed an illegal act under UK law by crossing if a) you don't claim asylum on arrival or b) your claim has been rejected? Or is it this that hasn't been tested yet?

1 minute ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

Thanks, but I thought the impact of the new legislation was that you have only committed an illegal act under UK law by crossing if a) you don't claim asylum on arrival or b) your claim has been rejected? Or is it this that hasn't been tested yet?

I thought they made it illegal to cross the channel to claim asylum. I might be wrong but that is certainly the way it was reported

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

I thought they made it illegal to cross the channel to claim asylum. I might be wrong but that is certainly the way it was reported

They did, it had absolutely no effect, so they currently seem to be in the process of doing it again?

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

They did, it had absolutely no effect, so they currently seem to be in the process of doing it again?

Oh yes, mine definitely wasn't a comment on the efficacy of what they did. Utterly stupid and ineffective law designed to incite and placate throbbers and does nothing to tackle the real issue. They don't even recognise the real issues

5 hours ago, bickster said:

Andrew Bridgen kicked out of the Tory Party now

Claims he'll still be standing at the next election (more than likely be a reform candidate given his views)

Yet he was one of the leading voices on Brexit.

Interesting that only now is he considered a **** nutjob.

3 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

What a prick this guy is. Says it all about the Tories that he is their deputy chair. Lovely to see him getting schooled though.

More complete video here.

He's an unbelievably thick clearing in the woods. Should be ranting on facebook about "doing his own research" not questioning someone in a select committee.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

What a prick this guy is. Says it all about the Tories that he is their deputy chair. Lovely to see him getting schooled though.

It’s absolutely pathetic from 30p Lee. I hope Sunak is squirming as he watches that exchange. Another one of his appointments who will inevitably have to be sacked before too long.

I’m still not sure how he got away with the doorstep stunt, getting his friend to pose as a swing voter to say bad things about Labour. Surely that is illegal? 

Edited by Genie

Sunak had a meeting today with the Italian Prime Minister, who leads the far right Brothers of Italy party ,and said that the values of Britain and Italy are now very aligned. Not even trying to hide what they are anymore are they.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Sad 1

Â