The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

The local council elections are coming up in a couple of weeks and social media is awash with complaints about the current Conservative led council and they need to be booted out. All that is fine, but I have not seen anything anywhere about who else is running and what they are going to do differently. 

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

The local council elections are coming up in a couple of weeks and social media is awash with complaints about the current Conservative led council and they need to be booted out. All that is fine, but I have not seen anything anywhere about who else is running and what they are going to do differently. 

I have had a real problem finding out who the Stafford candidates are, I know who the incumbent is, but not who else is standing. This was last week, I will have a look today to see if that has changed.

Edit. Candidates uploaded to the Stafford Borough site and I am raging. This sort of shit pisses me off. Tory is a local, lives a few streets away, shit and a tory, but local. I live in a relatively small ward, affluent to middle class you would describe the streets in it, so a Tory often represents it. So the Labour candidate, she is from Eccleshall. Its not even in Stafford, its a good 9 miles away from the area that they might represent. This will in all likelihood be the same sort of thing come a general election, the prospective candidate will be from Norfolk or some such and will definitely move here at some point. 

Edited by Seat68
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Polls can't be going well, Rishi is taking time out to poke at the trans culture war again.

In the most respectful possible way to trans people, I don't give a flying ****, I'm sick to death of people trying to make this a prominent political debate. The country is in a right **** state, stop peeking at people's genitals and focus on stuff that is **** everybody not a fringe issue that's completely irrelevant to 99% of people.

This is where I'm at. I'm not trans, I don't know anyone trans, I don't care about it.

But literally EVERYTHING right now is about it. Bathrooms, sports, self-ID.- The more one side keep pushing, the harder the other side push back.

As I said in another thread, the now Conversative outrage that we're exposing our kids to drag artists...

R.4eb14cfec08e9fbf04a84bfb00669f1b?rik=y

Yeah.. panto exists and has existed for donkeys, including often crude sexual content.

Edited by StefanAVFC

11 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yeah.. panto exists and has existed for donkeys, including often crude sexual content.

I find it interesting how panto has been partially bowdlerised in recent years. While the 'dame' is still present and correct, the 'principal boy' seems to be a thing of the past. Dick Whittington (for example) was traditionally played by an attractive young woman in tights, who eventually got to kiss the princess. Seems to have disappeared, and we now only seem to get, er... a male Dick. 

25 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

and we now only seem to get, er... a male Dick. 

Oh, go on then 

kenneth-williams-leespoons.gif

Edited by sidcow

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Polls can't be going well, Rishi is taking time out to poke at the trans culture war again.

In the most respectful possible way to trans people, I don't give a flying ****, I'm sick to death of people trying to make this a prominent political debate. The country is in a right **** state, stop peeking at people's genitals and focus on stuff that is **** everybody not a fringe issue that's completely irrelevant to 99% of people.

I just walked past some newspapers when I went down the shops to buy some milk. One of the headline banners went "Rishi says 100% of women don't have penis' but Starmer says it's 99.9%" and I chuckled my way to the counter thinking - Never let it be said there's no difference between the two parties, it's measurable and it's 0.1% :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I have had a real problem finding out who the Stafford candidates are, I know who the incumbent is, but not who else is standing. This was last week, I will have a look today to see if that has changed.

Edit. Candidates uploaded to the Stafford Borough site and I am raging. This sort of shit pisses me off. Tory is a local, lives a few streets away, shit and a tory, but local. I live in a relatively small ward, affluent to middle class you would describe the streets in it, so a Tory often represents it. So the Labour candidate, she is from Eccleshall. Its not even in Stafford, its a good 9 miles away from the area that they might represent. This will in all likelihood be the same sort of thing come a general election, the prospective candidate will be from Norfolk or some such and will definitely move here at some point. 

Next time, perhaps you should stand.

44 minutes ago, limpid said:

Next time, perhaps you should stand.

I thought about it in all honesty, my brother in law is a councillor and he is good, and cares about his community, likes Sting though so there is some blackness in his heart, but I looked at the work he does in his community and how he represents the people in his borough, and I thought I want to do that. I am just not a member of the Labour Party and not sure I am ready to be.

5 hours ago, Genie said:

I just saw something about my local ward, 2 candidates, the current Tory and a Labour candidate.

Labour guy looks about 19 (which is fine) and has set up a facebook page for his campaign. 1 post since January which is a share of someone else pictures. The name of the page says my local ward but in his bio it says it’s his official page for his campaign for [different ward] 🤦‍♂️

We’ve got no hope.

Saw a Facebook post from an old colleague. Really unpleasant fellow who was known to go on Britain first marches etc. He was less than impressed by his choice of candidates in cradley heath. Apparently he can’t vote conservative as he normally would because the persons name suggests they’re of an Asian persuasion and let everyone on his Facebook feed know.

Some people really shouldn’t be allowed a vote.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Royal College have.

48 hour strikes planned for end of April

Yeah, BBC headline says pay deal accept, then you click the link and it says rejected 🤦‍♂️

6 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Saw a Facebook post from an old colleague. Really unpleasant fellow who was known to go on Britain first marches etc. He was less than impressed by his choice of candidates in cradley heath. Apparently he can’t vote conservative as he normally would because the persons name suggests they’re of an Asian persuasion and let everyone on his Facebook feed know.

Some people really shouldn’t be allowed a vote.

I'm in a WhatsApp group with some old colleagues who I've had to call out a couple of times for right wing views. I put a big monologue on there about the Tories and creeping fascism recently. 

Anyway a couple are bluenoses. One of the Villa fans has put up a load of pictures of Prince William at Villa Park. None of them have bitten which would normally happen when Villa stuff is posted. 

Made me think how torn they must be. Right wing, got to be pro Royals but he's a DVB. they must be getting torn up inside. That's what I like to think anyway. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â