The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

If Zelenskyy/the war in Ukraine were a cow the Tories would have milked it pretty much dry by now. They have hid behind the war to excuse so many failings in the UK due to their policies over the last 13 years/Brexit and have used Zelenskyy as a means to be Mr Ben for the day a few times, especially Johnson. 

On 27/07/2022 at 22:25, ml1dch said:

Latest whispers are that Dorries gets parachuted into the House of Lords, and Johnson takes her seat (majority, 24,000) to save the ignominy of being booted out in Uxbridge.

I can think of at least three logistical problems that stop it working, but if (as is suggested) he's trying to work out a way back, I guess he'll need a new seat sooner or later.

Dorries announces she's standing down at the next election.  How convenient. 

32 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

IMG-20230210-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20230210-WA0002.jpg

For anyone unfamiliar with the bottom picture, it’s Gareth Keenan from The Office and he’s on his way home with the woman he met at the nightclub… and her husband who wants to watch :lol: 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

If Zelenskyy/the war in Ukraine were a cow the Tories would have milked it pretty much dry by now. They have hid behind the war to excuse so many failings in the UK due to their policies over the last 13 years/Brexit and have used Zelenskyy as a means to be Mr Ben for the day a few times, especially Johnson. 

Yeah it’s amazing how little you hear them crowing on about the vaccine rollout anymore.

17 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So, a 10% swing away from Tories in West Lancashire. Anyone know if that's worse than expected? 

Tories didn't vote, most people didn't vote. I've been in and around Ormskirk lots of times in the last few weeks, you wouldn't have known there was a by-election tbh. Labour probably got their core vote out in Skem, job done.

11 hours ago, Genie said:

I just watched a disaster-class in front of camera from Braverman.

They’re gonna stop the boats crossing the channel, for sure, they are committed to it. 

Reporter asks how..

SB: Words are worthless. Action is more important and we’re going to take action. It’ll be obvious in a year things have improved.

Reporter: Ok, so in a year we’ll see an improvement?

SB: I won’t put a time on it 

Reporter: You just did, you said it’ll be clear in a year. 

SB: I’m not putting a time on it

🤦‍♂️ 

Someone kindly uploaded the clip

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Where is your evidence that we get in to stuff, make massive financial commitments, involve ourselves in tremendous loss of life, then realise we had no coherent long term strategy and end up withdrawing with the situation fundamentally unresolved?

Quote one instance where we’ve done that.

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

HS2

That a general comment, or have you seen that the land surveys were botched?

HS2 Ltd, the company responsible for the HS2 railway, had promised to make up for the damage the route would cause to nature.

Concerned by the huge risk to wildlife that the current route poses, we've spent almost a year looking into the official HS2 nature loss calculations. And the numbers don't add up. No-one has checked the detail. Until now.

During our audit we found seriously flawed and out-of-date methodologies and a long list of errors - including habitats wrongly identified or undervalued by the company, and new planting overvalued.

The evidence shows that far more nature will be lost along the route than anyone ever expected.

https://www.wildlifetrusts.org/hs2-sign-our-open-letter

7 minutes ago, Xann said:

That a general comment, or have you seen that the land surveys were botched?

https://www.wildlifetrusts.org/hs2-sign-our-open-letter

It was an example of something we eff’d up with lots of financial cost and loss of life and without a long term strategy. 

I was trying to be funny as the obvious answers were Iraq / Afghanistan 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

I was trying to be funny as the obvious answers were Iraq / Afghanistan 

Don't forget Syria.

We encouraged an uprising, then f**ked off when Russia got involved.

:detect:  Wonder if that had any bearing on Putin's expansion plans?

Edited by Xann
  • Like 3

Â