The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

My tory is standing at the next election, part of her constituency is subject to boundary changes and so she has chosen Stafford as the one she will represent, and she will win as Labour are always so bloody slow off the blocks here.

A friggin tortoise could beat the Tories at the next election. They’re f*****d.

53 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’ve said in here before that I think one of the massive problems with this country is a lot of people see voting conservative as the thing rich people do. So people aspire to do it themselves. 

They think if they vote Labour it’s like admitting you’re worse off than other people. 

And this is a prime example of that

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMF4vfRLN/

I've read some that your hypothesis is entirely accurate. People vote based on that and where they aspire to be - wealthy and successful.

Or at least more wealthy and successful than those clearings in the woods across the road with the Audi. I still dunno how they can afford that.

56 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’ve said in here before that I think one of the massive problems with this country is a lot of people see voting conservative as the thing rich people do. So people aspire to do it themselves. 

They think if they vote Labour it’s like admitting you’re worse off than other people. 

Yep. That was my (council flat, totally working class and pretty skint) Mom. She thought only common people voted Labour. So voting Tory made her more respectable. Go figure. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, meregreen said:

In a General Election maybe. By elections tend to have lower turnouts. 50% is not low.

Yeah but the turnout was only 41% The turnout in a GE can be 75% upwards in that constituency. It's a low turnout for that constituency

It's way below the 50%+ that Tiverton and Honiton had and marginally above the 39% of Wakefield

The Erdington by-election you mentioned was 27% but normally only has a turnout of 55%. So both Erdington and Chester are about half of their normal

North Shropshire in 2021 normally has 67-70% turnout, so lower than Chester but that managed 46% in the by-election

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Like my mum!

UK has failed to resettle Afghans facing torture and death despite promise

Afghan nationals who were promised resettlement to the UK nearly a year ago are facing torture and death while they wait for a response from the British government, the Observer can reveal.

Not one person has been accepted and evacuated from Afghanistan under the Home Office’s Afghan citizens’ resettlement scheme (ACRS), launched in January, prompting claims that ministers are showing a “toxic combination of incompetence and indifference”. The scheme was intended to help Afghans who worked for, or were affiliated with, the British government – including its embassy staff and British Council teachers – and all of whom face severe harm at the hands of the Taliban.

Grauniad

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

So nurses need to stop their wage demands to send a clear message to Putin that this country isn't divided. 

Good lord. 

If the Tories want to send a clear message to Putin, they'll donate all their Russian Money to the Ukraine armed forces

And this coming from the corrupt word removed that thought it was perfectly OK for the tax payer to heat his stables.

Gobshite

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

So nurses need to stop their wage demands to send a clear message to Putin that this country isn't divided. 

Good lord. 

If the biggest priority here is international optics, just pay them whatever they want. 

No chance of the country looking divided then.

• Like 1

Just now, ml1dch said:

If the biggest priority here is international optics, just pay them whatever they want. 

No chance of the country looking divided then.

Imagine how strong the country would look if those essential people who helped get us through a pandemic were rewarded and valued. 

• Like 3

Â