The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

39 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I have to say I am revising my opinion downward of the budget. I still think it can be a net good but the market has spoken with its wallets and very loudly. The government would be foolish not to listen to it. When I said a low pound is good for exports I didnt mean THAT low :)

If they came out with this idea on 2015 it would be a good idea. Borrowing for next to nothing to boost the economy. Doing it during a crisis like today is absolutely **** insane.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Liz Truss doing a pre-planned interview tomorrow morning on Tees Radio.  

Tees Radio asking the public what questions to ask her…

Would she like to go fishing with Gazza? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, bickster said:

No, he was just less wrong

comparing a 100% word removed to an 80% word removed

It's like saying I prefer Unsworth over Lescott

Well I think it was James O'Brien that said if there's one thing that Sunak will be good at it's predicting the markets.  He's made his entire fortune on having an idea what the markets will do.

19 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Have you heard Truss this morning? She has no clue. She cannot answer any questions sensibly. Has no recognition that what she has done has made things worse. An absolute nightmare. 

I know it's coming from Dominic Cummings, but it seems completely in character for her.

FdvMU3EXwAMnf8d?format=jpg&name=large

Government Bonds and stock Market fallen further since her interviews.  She's convinced no one about anything.

One of the presenters said "People were worried whether they could heat their homes. Now they're worried whether they can keep their homes."

Succinct.

Sunak like

image.jpeg.7c9ab9d65824c0a415a3abad3300b3bd.jpeg

Â