The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

4 hours ago, ml1dch said:

[quiet bit]

"but make sure you marry the daughter of a billionaire or inherit an emerald mine first, just to be on the safe side"

[/quiet bit]

Sunak married into money but did Musk inherit his father’s wealth?

I thought he was estranged from his father and made his money from selling tech startups during the dotcom boom?

Edited by LondonLax

Aaaaaand another one

A Conservative MP has been found guilty of a racially aggravated public order offence after telling an activist to "go back to Bahrain".

Bob Stewart, MP for Beckenham in south-east London, got into a row with activist Sayed Ahmed Alwadaei outside the Foreign Office's Lancaster House in Westminster on 14 December.

He told Mr Alwadaei: "You're taking money off my country, go away."

link

Labour had a Panorama stitch up and the entire media system stabbing them long before they got to as many examples of despicable actions by their reps as the Tories have had. And yet, nothing. Despite the long list of sex offenders, racists and other morally bankrupt actors with blue rosettes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Aaaaaand another one

link

Playing devil's advocate for a moment, "Go back to Bahrain" doesn't seem especially racist to me (given that the offended party is Bahraini). 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Playing devil's advocate for a moment, "Go back to Bahrain" doesn't seem especially racist to me (given that the offended party is Bahraini). 

“Go back to Pakistan if you don’t like it here.”

That would be racism no?

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

“Go back to Pakistan if you don’t like it here.”

That would be racism no?

Well, this is controversial. The sort of people who would say that, are undoubtedly racists. But it is often aimed at second and third generation British-born people, the suggestion being that they can never be British. 

This case doesn't seem to be quite the same thing - not that I'm shedding any tears for Bob Stewart. 

38 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Racist enough to be found guilty in court, although I do see the point you’re making.

Edited by Genie
  • Thanks 1

Just when you thought that evil bitch Braverman couldn't stoop any lower she now wants to restrict tents for rough sleepers, and make it an offence for charities to supply them, implying that rough sleeping is a lifestyle choice. The Tories have overseen a huge increase in homelessness since 2010 due to their polices and then they come up with this. 

I wonder how this will play with their ever dwindling supporters. The narrative will be around some of those sleeping rough being from abroad when the facts are more of those sleeping rough will be veterans. 

• Like 3

Â