The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

He is going to have to answer the question of why he called the election now at some point and he’s going to have to come up with an answer that makes sense. Only earlier in the day he was promising a bereaved parent that he was going to get legislation on the books for the infected blood scandal before the summer recess. So he either lied or something happened between those events.

• Like 1

Re election coverage, the news channels seem obsessed of giving all of the nations coverage but not the regions like the midlands. Due to devolution Scotland and Wales return less MP's know and are less of an importance in the electoral calculations. But as ever london media can't really understand this.

4 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Wonder if it's been called now because the Tories know they'll lose and the blood scandal fall out becomes Labour's problem...

I mean, you could literally swap "blood scandal" for about a thousand other things.

• Like 1

Voting in the upcoming election is like trying to decide if you would like your left or right arm amputated. Neither option is particularly palatable.

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, bickster said:

You really think that the leader of the opposition, ahead in the polls for a good two years, hasn’t thought about what he’s going to do when his party gets elected by the predicted landslide?

He's probably thought about it alot yeah.

Can't wait.

19 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Only for people who have been in a coma for the last nine years.

Well that depends how much trust you can put in any other party making a better fist of it and I say that knowing that the current government have set the bar so low it might as well be on the floor

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Re election coverage, the news channels seem obsessed of giving all of the nations coverage but not the regions like the midlands. Due to devolution Scotland and Wales return less MP's know and are less of an importance in the electoral calculations. But as ever london media can't really understand this.

Scotland and Wales 'are of less of an importance' not a great argument that for the Union....

I’m beginning to wonder if our Laura is a bit worried about this election. 

Impartiality, my arse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, choffer said:

I’m beginning to wonder if our Laura is a bit worried about this election. 

Impartiality, my arse.

I genuinely think her appointment as BBC's chief political correspondent / political editor over the last ten years has been a significant factor in the decline of this nation.

https://bylinetimes.com/2022/03/30/laura-kuenssberg-bbc-political-editor-was-a-catastrophic-systemic-failure/

What they got was a journalist with access to the upper reaches of the Government, with a determination to get on air and tell everyone the whispers that she had heard from ministers, advisors and officials – before Sky or ITN.

What the BBC needed was someone who could take a step back, away from the scrum, and tell audiences when they were being lied to. That was something neither the BBC nor Kuenssberg has ever come to terms with.

There are so many examples of why this was bad both for the BBC and the UK’s political system in the years that followed. It began with the Leave campaign making lying a central part of its strategy during the Brexit referendum. The BBC’s response was to ‘balance’ these lies with information from the other side – rather than using their editorial judgement to call out when something was blatantly and dangerously false.

Kuenssberg’s approach to the job complimented this. Access was crucial. She would ring up (or be rung) by the top people in the Leave campaign, get a response and get on air. It didn’t matter whether the audience had a better understanding of the issues, all that mattered was beating her broadcasting opposite numbers to the story.

Scoops were seemingly all important, even if they just involved parroting Dominic Cummings – who masterminded the Vote Leave operation – before Robert Peston did.

For the first time in my lifetime – the Prime Minister and those around him lied unashamedly. And they lied, knowing that their dishonest version of events would be repeated by Kuenssberg.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bickster said:

He is going to have to answer the question of why he called the election now at some point and he’s going to have to come up with an answer that makes sense. Only earlier in the day he was promising a bereaved parent that he was going to get legislation on the books for the infected blood scandal before the summer recess. So he either lied or something happened between those events.

He’s saying it’s because economic stability has returned :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

He’s saying it’s because economic stability has returned :lol: 

I'm suprised he ain't said "I'm worth 650m, I can't be arsed anymore". 😂

Why would you call an election the instant economic stability had returned? You would milk a few months of the benefit, let voters feel the fun of that extra money in their pocket. Remember, Rishi is an economics genius, our saviour.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Â