The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I don't understand why anyone would even want to organise a protest this weekend?  I'm struggling to see many positives coming out of it.  There must be loads of people with sympathy for the Palestinian cause that also want to pay respect for Remembrence Sunday.  This just seems like it wants to drive a wedge between them.

Media exposure I assume, I agree though that it might be counterproductive in some ways.

5 hours ago, bickster said:

See this has been a deliberate confusion by the Government.

The Palestine March is on Saturday and nowhere near the Cenotaph. Saturday is Armistice Day, Sunday is Remembrance Sunday.

So on Armistice Day, people will be marching and calling for a ceasefire, can you think of a more appropriate day to do it?

Also the Palestine march doesn't start until 12:45. Everyone at the remembrance celebration will probably be on their way home by the time it starts

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Just as a point of order there I don’t think the word cabal can be used in isolation, I think it needs ‘shadowy’ to be used as well.

It will be the shadowy cabal after they lose the next election.

51 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

1 year to go.

I am so looking forward to this thread slinking off to page 2.

It won’t there will be lots more headline grabbing insane policy pronouncements when they are the opposition and one suspects, more MPs doing the usual Tory things like rape and embezzlement. It won’t help them but we'll still be talking about them

Home Secretary Suella Braverman has accused the Metropolitan Police of "playing favourites" over its handling of pro-Palestinian protests.

Writing in The Times, she said right-wing protests that became aggressive were often stopped, while "pro-Palestinian mobs" were permitted.

The Met has said there are no grounds to ban a march set to take place amid remembrance commemorations on Saturday.

Mrs Braverman's article has drawn widespread criticism.

Further evidence she just wants all rights to protest and free speech banned.

bbc

It's all very well Cruella fighting the fight to protect Remembrance Sunday from peace marches, but on Tuesday a Free Palestine gathering was pretty much blocking access to the German Christmas Market and I've not heard any politician trying to protect my right to a £7 Glühwein.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's all very well Cruella fighting the fight to protect Remembrance Sunday from peace marches, but on Tuesday a Free Palestine gathering was pretty much blocking access to the German Christmas Market and I've not heard any politician trying to protect my right to a £7 Glühwein.

Playing favourites ain’t they (whatever that means).

How dare they stop right wing protests, just because they turned violent?

Former Prime Minister Boris Johnson has warned the Conservatives are "drifting to defeat" under Rishi Sunak. 

In a blistering attack he said Mr Sunak was offering voters "nothing to rally behind" and needed to offer a "positive agenda for change". 

Mr Johnson made the comments in a series of interviews with staunch ally and former cabinet minister Nadine Dorries for her new book. 

Both have been strong critics of Mr Sunak since Mr Johnson left No 10.

Come on Rishi, spout a load of undeliverable lies to cheer the public up and get re-elected! It’s politics 101.

link

Has she fully explained yet how a march on Saturday, 2 hours after the minute’s silence and a day before Remembrance Sunday and nowhere near the cenotaph is going to disturb anything?

She’s literally itching for a fight and goading all the nutters on both sides and the police to have a go.

My fear is she’s done enough to get exactly what she wants. There’s got to come a point where she’s spat out enough bile that if there is trouble she could be blamed for incitement.

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Has she fully explained yet how a march on Saturday, 2 hours after the minute’s silence and a day before Remembrance Sunday and nowhere near the cenotaph is going to disturb anything?

She’s literally itching for a fight and goading all the nutters on both sides and the police to have a go.

My fear is she’s done enough to get exactly what she wants.

It’s very Donald Trump.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

1 year to go.

I am so looking forward to this thread slinking off to page 2.

No chance. Once they get binned off I'll hazard a bet that they'll go full MAGA. Drain the swamp. the big lie, blah blah blah.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

No chance. Once they get binned off I'll hazard a bet that they'll go full MAGA. Drain the swamp. the big lie, blah blah blah.

We will have a very strange leadership battle where Sunak, Braverman, and Badenock will be trying to persuade their elderly white voter base that it was either doctors, brown people, or trannies hiding in toilets that have lead to all our problems.

When obviously it was a shadowy cabal only known as ‘the seven bins’.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

The bad news for the Tories is that they’ve been in power for so long Labour can keep blaming them for the countries problems for quite a few years.

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

She didn't take it seriously cos she knew it was a lie.

Even Whitehall knows about the DVB town ban.

Mate.

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â