The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

52 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I can't see many of the Landlords selling. As stated above they've had very favourable yields on these properties to date. They will get squeezed for sure. 

But sell the property and then do what with the cash? Let inflation devalue it rapidly? Put it into stocks and crash with those? 

Interest rates won't be staying high for too long. The recession will crush demand and result in a drop in interest rates by end of next year or early the year after I would say. 

This isn't a return to 5% rates for 5+ years.

If you're forced into a sale, you're using the cash to cover day-to-day living expenses, debts, etc. not reinvest in stocks / savings. The BTL market is full of people who shouldn't be in it.

16 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The talk appears to be that the BoE has acted because a bunch of pension funds were about to collapse thanks to the Government's decisions.

Which is a wonderful look.

It does feel a bit like there's 5 holes in the boat, and we've only got 4 thumbs between us

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mrchnry said:

Bloke from the IEA on the news just now was blaming everything thats happening on the labour government in 2008. 

Thats gonna be the tory line isn't it. 

I've seen various tweets from Tory MPs stating that the market reaction was indeed due to fears of labour getting in 😂

Edited by PieFacE

Just now, PieFacE said:

I've seen various tweets from Tory MPs stating that the market reaction was indeed due to fears of the labour getting in 😂

This is a great time to really establish exactly who the paid / moronic / unfailingly loyal outriders are. Someone needs to keep a list of everyone who trots out this line so we can hold them to it forever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrchnry said:

Bloke from the IEA on the news just now was blaming everything thats happening on the labour government in 2008. 

I read that as a man in a furniture store blaming Labour before he went to eat some Swedish meatballs.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I've seen various tweets from Tory MPs stating that the market reaction was indeed due to fears of the labour getting in 😂

Crazy paradox that.

The market reaction causes people to vote Labour, but the reaction was because of the prospect of labour getting in, but that prospect is only growing because of the markets, but the markets are only because of labour getting in

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

You'd think at times like this we could not have a recess. The house returns 11th October, so two weeks more of self shafting tory actions, we'll be sunk by then. 

Truss would be praying they don't return early. They will all go to the bars and plot to get rid  of her. 

I wouldn't be totally surprised if the Tories press the panic button and force Truss out next year, and have  Ben Wallace as a caretaker PM.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

I read that as a man in a furniture store blaming Labour before he went to eat some Swedish meatballs.

To be fair, I think people from the IEA groups are as credible commentators as a man in a furniture store craving Swedish meatballs.

Â