The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

7 hours ago, KentVillan said:

As much as Truss, Braverman, etc are all completely shit moronic fuckstains, the one that really grates is Jacob Rees-Mogg as Business Secretary. As if he has the faintest idea about business.

That's not fair.

His wily investment in the special Moscow deals available to senior Brexit traitors really paid off.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

My dad was round mine the other day. He is normally the sort of bloke who always has a plan and the drive to find a way through most things. He told me the most sensible thing to do now is to leave the country and if he was my age he wouldn't give it a second thought. He sees the country going to the dogs and no way back for generations if at all. It came as quite a shock to hear that from him as his analysis is normally spot on.

It's not just the Tories, it's the ecosystem that supports them. The media, the money, the corruption, the voting system, they have clubbed together to ensure that all the wealth gets concentrated into fewer and fewer hands. It will take decades to fix if we were all on the same team. We are not all on the same team.

The problem is where to go? I'm thinking Canada looks nice from the outside.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Straggler said:

My dad was round mine the other day. He is normally the sort of bloke who always has a plan and the drive to find a way through most things. He told me the most sensible thing to do now is to leave the country and if he was my age he wouldn't give it a second thought. He sees the country going to the dogs and no way back for generations if at all. It came as quite a shock to hear that from him as his analysis is normally spot on.

It's not just the Tories, it's the ecosystem that supports them. The media, the money, the corruption, the voting system, they have clubbed together to ensure that all the wealth gets concentrated into fewer and fewer hands. It will take decades to fix if we were all on the same team. We are not all on the same team.

👋

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Straggler said:

This is happening with pretty much every Western democracy. The USA is obviously well advanced and the UK heading the same way.  The other countries are not too far behind though, give them another 2-5 years and they’ll be where we are now.

4 hours ago, Straggler said:

Been having very similar conversations.

Increasingly feel like we are in the same boat as Eastern Europeans in the early 2000s, when it just made sense to migrate west and send money home.

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

This is happening with pretty much every Western democracy. The USA is obviously well advanced and the UK heading the same way.  The other countries are not too far behind though, give them another 2-5 years and they’ll be where we are now.

Don't think this is right. Everywhere is struggling right now, but the UK is in a particularly bad situation, in terms of direction of travel.

We are lucky in that we had a high starting point, but if you look at median per capita wealth/income, we really aren't that high up the rankings. We're behind Norway, Switzerland, USA, Canada, Austria, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Australia, Iceland, Germany, France, Finland, Belgium already. And you'd imagine countries like Ireland, Japan, Italy, South Korea, Slovenia, Spain, Israel, Estonia, Czech Republic, Poland, Portugal, etc will start overtaking us soon.

That's not to say the UK is a terrible place to live, but everything is pointing in the wrong direction at the moment, and we've created some big disadvantages for ourselves with Brexit and the structure of our economy.

• Like 2

Â