The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Random thought I was having earlier.

I notice few Tories - vocal ones at least - on forums. Here, or reddit, for example. 

Assuming that's the case, is that possibly because people who use forums lean towards valuing researched opinions, knowledge, logic, good faith discussions based on evidence.... things which generally lead people away from right wing ideology

....same why intellectuals and academics generally tend to lean to the left also?

Or is that just really patronising 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, bickster said:

Have you heard the one about the candidate that isn't a member of a religious sexual abuse cult?

Fixed that for you. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

I notice few Tories - vocal ones at least - on forums. Here, or reddit, for example. 

Assuming that's the case, is that possibly because people who use forums lean towards valuing researched opinions, knowledge, logic, good faith discussions based on evidence.... things which generally lead people away from right wing ideology

....same why intellectuals and academics generally tend to lean to the left also?

They pop up now and again when there isn't quite so much unforgiveable behaviour to have to justify or ignore. There's still not normally that much substance, just a flippant remark about 'lefties' being unwashed and jobless.

12 minutes ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

Too busy thinking up innovative ‘legal’ tax dodges whilst bitching about benefits cheats.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

Possibly. My guess is you’ll find the other side of the coin shouting loudly on Twitter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

20 MP nominations needed by tomorrow. 30 votes needed by Wednesday to stay in the race.

Reckon a couple of fancied names could fall by Wednesday (looking at you, Saj).

ConservativeHome has a list of the MPs they think have already declared for each candidate

Only Mordaunt and Sunak currently have the required 20 with Tugendhat 1 short

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

ConservativeHome has a list of the MPs they think have already declared for each candidate

Only Mordaunt and Sunak currently have the required 20 with Tugendhat 1 short

Yeah, I'm sticking with the Guido Fawkes version. They're a bit more finger-on-the-pulse, even if it means my Twitter algorithm now thinks I want to see a lot more deranged Tory idiocy than I actually do.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, hippo said:

Have any of them said what they will do about A+E and NHS waiting times ?

No change - The plan is to do nothing, let it get worse, then privatise it to their preferred bidders (who give the biggest donations).

42 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im actually stubned sunak has so much support. They really dont learn do they.

Might as well give starmer the keys to number 10  from now

Its still early days Dem. Sunak may win the initial ballot but where the knocked out candidates votes go in the next round is another matter. Of all the candidates, he's the least likely to get many transfering to his side because his tax policy is so different to the others.

Â