The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I heard there was something on the radio about one of the potential leaders putting men and women on the toilets or something?

Anyone know what that was about?

As in literally sitting them down on the toilet? Maybe he meant putting the men and women of the Tory party on the toilets because they are so full of shit.

Jokes aside I'd imagine it was related to trans people using toilets, and most likely trans women using women's toilets. Just guessing though.

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Mixed use single toilets, so a single contained toilet anyone can use, Kemi Badenoch was triggered by this and so made them put tape with men on one of them and ladies on the other. So instead of having available toilets anyone can use, she halved the amount. 

That's one instance of Tories being **** wits. This absolutely pointless action. words removed the lot of them. 

There a bar I go in every now and again in town that has 6 individual cubicles. 3 have a man sign 3 have a woman sign. No one takes a blind bit of notice of the sign

• Like 2

Toilet usage is just the go to argument for anti-trans now. It's basically implying that all trans people are only trans so they can be sex pests in toilets.

It's pointless too.

A sign on a door isn't going to stop a sex pest being a sex pest.

Truss appears to be over the 20 line now

Guido Fawkes has it as Sunak (46), Mordaunt (27) Truss (22), Tugendhat (20), Badenoch (18), Zahawi and Hunt (14), Javid and Braverman (both 12) and that other bloke (0)

The Telegraph has Tugendhat on 21 fwiw

Thats 185 MPs  out of a total of 358, so there's lots of hand sitting still going on

Anyone know when the deadline is?

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Toilet usage is just the go to argument for anti-trans now. It's basically implying that all trans people are only trans so they can be sex pests in toilets.

It's pointless too.

A sign on a door isn't going to stop a sex pest being a sex pest.

If the sign says Conservative and Unionist Party Headquarters it actively encourages them.

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Guido Fawkes has it as Sunak (46), Mordaunt (27) Truss (22), Tugendhat (20), Badenoch (18), Zahawi and Hunt (14), Javid and Braverman (both 12) and that other bloke (0)

Thats 185 MPs  out of a total of 358, so there's lots of hand sitting still going on

Is it normal for a big chunk to stay neutral just in case they ruin their chance of a ministerial job?

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

Is it normal for a big chunk to stay neutral just in case they ruin their chance of a ministerial job?

Look at Boris. Most kept quiet until it was a certainty he was off and then the knives came out. Same for the leadership. Ideally you want to back the winner so just keep your powder dry. Better chance of getting on the gravy train that way. It is certainly nothing to do with  gut conviction or political philosophy.

• Like 1

Just now, Sam-AVFC said:

Hard to say and we don't know if the lists are accurate because really only the proposer and seconder's names are made public. Plus last time the initial bar was only 8 MPs.

Its all guesswork at this stage but there'll be a degree of knowing how right they are later on I guess when we get the list of those that move on to the next stage

• Like 1

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Look at Boris. Most kept quiet until it was a certainty he was off and then the knives came out. Same for the leadership. Ideally you want to back the winner so just keep your powder dry. Better chance of getting on the gravy train that way. It is certainly nothing to do with  gut conviction or political philosophy.

I guess the public supporters get the top jobs and all the fence sitters get minor ministerial roles. Declare for someone first and maybe you get chancellor, but you could miss out altogether if they lose.

I didn't have a clue just how many jobs there are before the last few weeks.

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Mixed use single toilets, so a single contained toilet anyone can use, Kemi Badenoch was triggered by this and so made them put tape with men on one of them and ladies on the other. So instead of having available toilets anyone can use, she halved the amount. 

That's one instance of Tories being **** wits. This absolutely pointless action. words removed the lot of them. 

Thanks. What a utterly pointless  thing to do ffs

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I honesty kind of hope it is Truss. She's enough of an idiot that she can carry on Boris' legacy and lose the next election

I think it will be Truss.

Similar dippy appeal of Johnson. 

I think people feel happier *voting* for someone they know and I would say Mordaunt, Tugendhat and Badenoch aren’t high profile enough to do that and the tories know that. Probably throw Braverman in there too.

Sunak is tainted by association with Johnson/partygate/green card/privileged background/etc.

Truss does photos in tanks and trying to look purposeful in Russia which I think people like. Or at least, they remember it without thinking too negatively.

5 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Tories actually have a trans MP in their ranks, Jamie Wallis. Don't know how he can stomach working with people who would deny his right to exist.

Its suprising its a woman as well, as you usually get this kind of crap from mainly men

50 minutes ago, bickster said:

Who is Guido Fawkes?

Â