The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Just now, regular_john said:

Who do we think for next PM then?

Liz Truss seems the best of a bad bunch as far as I can tell. The rest of them can take a long walk off a short plank!

She can too. If she's the best of a bad bunch that says a lot.

• Like 1

Sunak for me, safe pair of hands, steady the ship for the election. Also prove people wrong that the Tories would never have a man of colour as leader/pm. Ticks all the boxes 

• Sad 1

In effect it's all applicants for the job of village idiot. None of them are capable and decent humans and anyone that thinks they are, quite frankly put us in the same mess we have had to endure under Johnson. Essentially it's a case of viewing them and gauging just who is the least word removed like. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’d be fine with it being Sunak.

A multi millionaire with interesting tax and passport arrangements telling all the red wall Johnson fans the money tree has disappeared again.

That would work for me.

The easiest to link personally to the Johnson criminal operation too.  And his own FPN means they can make the partygate stuff run well into 2024.

And the candidate mostly likely to quietly prioritise the economy over the fighting in the Brexit war, which will immediately turn a quarter of the party against him.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

I think its clear that the media are backing Rishi. 

Helps when your best mate is the editor of the Spectator, with columns in the Times, the S*n, and the Mail

12 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Sunak for me, safe pair of hands, steady the ship for the election. Also prove people wrong that the Tories would never have a man of colour as leader/pm. Ticks all the boxes 

Exactly what makes you think that?  His track record?  Prominent part of this debacle and he's the answer eh.  The ship is listing and he was and is part of it, and instead of owning up to it and making sure everyone one gets off board safely and correcting course he is disowning responsibility and doing a mighty fine impression of Captain Francesco Schettino

11 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Yeah? How would you like it if the most powerful person who lead the direction of your government frequently failed to complete their term, and was replaced by an internal party process with no input from the electorate?

I like it pretty well when the person in charge is a total incompetent. 

24 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Up until the thing with his wife he would have been nailed on.  I think it will be Ben Wallace.

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Not always.

In Poland there’s a PM and a leader of the lower house. 

The PM is not directly elected though right? It’s still chosen by the biggest party in the lower house?

Kemi Badenoch has joined the leadership race

Yep, thats 99.9% of the population with a puzzled look

She wants a limited government and to tell the truth

I somehow don't think she's on board with the programme here

I want as big of a train wreck as possible heading into the next GE without killing starving children or forcing more people on formerly what was decent pay into foodbanks. Got to be Mad Nad. I want the Tories to be completely unelectable and while they are all evil she is also insane enough to carry on the fantastic job BoZo is/was doing. 

Â