The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

they should have just said nothing...raab's somehow made it worse!!

it doesn't seem like there's been any sort of briefing here aside from "just say it was a business meeting, dominic. if they ask any difficult questions just say the guidance was followed"

13 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

it doesn't seem like there's been any sort of briefing here aside from "just say it was a business meeting, dominic. if they ask any difficult questions just say the guidance was followed"

It wasn’t social, it was people meeting for drinks after work.

I just love the fact that Raaab has no concept that he’s as thick as mince. He genuinely thinks he’s an actual sentient being. As first generation AI go, he’s quite impressive.

I remember the first leaked youtube videos of the Boston Dynamics Raab 2000 jumping over cardboard boxes and ignoring emails from Afghanistan. I knew then we’d see more from him.

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, tomav84 said:

they have defended it saying it was a staff meeting.

There's not a computer or laptop in sight. There isn't a pen or a notepad in sight.

Nobody is recording anything, taking any notes. Nobody is showing anything on a screen or a flipchart. Nobody is chairing it. People are in different groups, some people are just stood around on the grass. Somebody is getting fingered in the corner.

If that's a meeting it's not a very good one!

I think we're at the same stage we were with the other parties. Nobody believes them. They know we don't believe them. We know they know we don't believe them. But they're saying it anyway just because they can't possibly admit to doing anything wrong.

(PS I know you don't believe them, it's just that your post mentioned that they are saying it was a meeting)

Edited by Stevo985

44 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

He's flip flopping every time he's asked about it too. Half the time he's saying it was a meeting, then he's saying it was drinks AFTER a meeting (not allowed even if there was a meeting)

Then he's saying it can't be social because everyone is still in work attire (so we could have all gone and had a BBQ if we wore a suit?).

Then he's saying it's a break between meetings (still not allowed)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There's not a computer or laptop in sight. There isn't a pen or a notepad in sight.

Nobody is recording anything, taking any notes. Nobody is showing anything on a screen or a flipchart. Nobody is chairing it. People are in different groups, some people are just stood around on the grass. Somebody is getting fingered in the corner.

If that's a meeting it's not a very good one!

I think we're at the same stage we were with the other parties. Nobody believes them. They know we don't believe them. We know they know we don't believe them. But they're saying it anyway just because they can't possibly admit to doing anything wrong.

(PS I know you don't believe them, it's just that your post mentioned that they are saying it was a meeting)

nail on head.

one interview with raab this morning went something along the lines of:

"it was a staff meeting" 

"so why was there wine, cheese, and boris' baby present?"

"it was drinks after the staff meeting"

"so it was a social gathering?"

"no, it was a staff meeting"

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

He's flip flopping every time he's asked about it too. Half the time he's saying it was a meeting, then he's saying it was drinks AFTER a meeting (not allowed even if there was a meeting)

Then he's saying it can't be social because everyone is still in work attire (so we could have all gone and had a BBQ if we wore a suit?).

Then he's saying it's a break between meetings (still not allowed)

Tbh I just think it's incredible that they all seem to remember every meeting and every non-party/gathering that happened 18 months ago enough to 100% conclusively say they didn't break any rules.

• Like 1

Just now, desensitized43 said:

Tbh I just think it's incredible that they all seem to remember every meeting and every non-party/gathering that happened 18 months ago enough to 100% conclusively say they didn't break any rules.

Well it's easy to remember not breaking any rules at a specific event without knowing the details of said specific event, since none of them have ever broken any rules whatsoever.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

It's a tough time at the moment. Keep Boris and watch him **** the country and destroy every aspect of the nation, or change the leader and the Tories have a new manager bounce all the way to a general election. Do we suffer this words removed idiocy in the hope he makes the Tory scum unelectable?

A competent Tory is probably worse for the nation than an incompetent one.  Tories gonna Tory and a well implemented Tory ideology is not good for 99% of the population but they're better at fooling people that it is.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

nail on head.

one interview with raab this morning went something along the lines of:

"it was a staff meeting" 

"so why was there wine, cheese, and boris' baby present?"

"it was drinks after the staff meeting"

"so it was a social gathering?"

"no, it was a staff meeting"

• Haha 2

They could this for 18 months, call a GE 3 months later and plenty of would be tory voters would accept a new leader as sufficient change to whitewash the negligent criminality and incompetence of the past ( not just of the last two years, they've been in power since **** 2010 )

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

Did they not learn from last time they sent Raab in to bat out partygate.

The pussycat that is Andrew Marr managed to get him to say "If there was a party they were breaking the law"

I think it goes like this...

"Who wants to go on telly and say it was a works meeting?"

Everyone but Raab takes one pace backwards

"Ah f*** but he's all we've got"

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think it goes like this...

"Who wants to go on telly and say it was a works meeting?"

Everyone but Raab takes one pace backwards

"Ah f*** but he's all we've got"

Raab is such an arrogant bastard he probably takes a step forward. 

• Like 1

Â