Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

Getting relegated from the premier league will be far worse than anything Ellis ever presided over because the financial stakes are so much higher and the chances of being permanently cut a drift also being higher. 

They better build a helicopter landing pad at VP cos it's going to get very ugly for this board.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Richard said:

Mantis I absolutely understand why you say that but I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility. The fact that is possible is a disgrace 

That sums it up.....that's how bad it has got......I still don't think the majority of fans have quite grasped how fundamentally poor we are.......no one wants to be negative in situations like ours and of course positivity is the only way out......but guys.

Remi has a near impossible task.

Funny in a way with the new TV deal coming in that we probably go down. We have been running as a club that has been targeting survival for years with no real commitment from the owner who has declared he wants out; we played awful football under Lambert/McLeish/Sherwood and the new man coming in has a huge task ahead of him one which already looks mission impossible. We have offered nothing to this league either for a few years now.

Dare I say it but relegation is probably what this club needs to really shake things up for better or for worse because it can't carry on like this every single season. Football is entertainment at the end of the day and if we can't compete at this level which is obvious for everyone to see this club needs to relegated. I guess what i'm trying to say is this is boring year in year out, if we aren't going to compete we don't belong in the Premier League.

• Like 3

I'm not sure anyone else feels like this but this isnt like the last few seasons where we were treading water, every game was heart attack inducing etc etc. This is just pure despair. We're relegated until we prove otherwise if you know what I mean. That's the default setting.

• Like 1

I keep on reading this we can't go down with the new tv deal etc but it's not like prem clubs get paid peanuts now, we all get millions and millions as it is yet we spend at max net 20m under Lerner in summer transfer windows.

Even if we stay up we're not going to spend 70-80m next summer especially when he wants out and to sell.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I keep on reading this we can't go down with the new tv deal etc but it's not like prem clubs get paid peanuts now, we all get millions and millions as it is yet we spend at max net 20m under Lerner in summer transfer windows.

Even if we stay up we're not going to spend 70-80m next summer especially when he wants out and to sell.

Yep. This club has no ambition other than to stay in the league. We did the minimum we thought we had to in the summer and its back fired. If we stay up we won't suddenly be aiming for success. The set up for that is not in place.

It's not going to be pleasant, everyone and their dog will be laughing, taking the piss etc.

However we (AVFC) have allowed this to happen, we all saw it coming although there is little most of us could do other than complain and boo.

I see nothing that we have that will change this team, the squad is weak, not one player is fighting like lions, we just don't have any leaders, Lerner wont spend money in January and even if he did we'd need 4/5 players of quality which isn't easy to do in January.

I will always be a Villan however I can't watch us live anymore as it's not a pleasure, I accept losing is part of the game but it's the not giving 100% each game that I can't accept.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Richard said:

Mantis I absolutely understand why you say that but I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility. The fact that is possible is a disgrace 

It's beyond the realms of likely possibility. It's possible, but it's about as possible as us suddenly going on an amazing run and finishing in the top 7.

I just went back through every PL season and the closest to 11 was Sunderland with 15 and the next closest was Sunderland again with 19. The vast majority of bottom teams get at least 25. I know we're very bad (at the moment) but to suggest that we'll become the worst or second worst PL team ever is just purely delusion and hyperbole - it really is. Even if our form from the first third of the season was repeated over the rest of the season (and I don't think it will although I still think we'll go down) we'll still comfortably get over 11 points.

It's amazing how even now people can exaggerate how bad we are.

Not that it really matters of course but yeah, we won't struggle to get 7 more points but we will obviously struggle to stay up.

Edited by Mantis

4 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

I'm amazed at the above post pointing out we should get 7 more points before the end of the season. Other clubs would be protesting by now, what on earth is wrong with Aston villa? 

There is a huge amount wrong, hopefully we have the right manager to get us 30+ more points and getting behind him at least is vital, especially for Saturday.  I'm sure there will be plenty of protests if things don't get any better but right now is perhaps counterproductive.

Can we get above three of Sunderland, Newcastle, Bournemouth, Norwich, Swansea or Watford? For me it depends if Garde is the real deal or not - MC made me think he was, yesterday made me think not - it seemed a really odd decision to start Grealish over Sinclair given that we were weak at LB and also odd that Westwood came back in for Sanchez. In our position you can't afford to get too many things wrong

I like the look of Garde but I've got no idea if he is going to end up any good or not. The fact that he was bought in by the same team who thought Sherwood was the answer does not fill me with confidence.  It's only his third game but if we fail against Watford I really think we will go into a death spiral that there will be no recovering from

If we are still in the bottom three in January I can't imagine what kind of talent we would attract that would improve our squad

• Like 1

People have been saying this for years now that we need to be the 12th man and right now the team needs support. I've seen a few people mention a protest of just not going into the match and standing outside. The fans need to have their voices heard. 

45 minutes ago, Mantis said:

It's beyond the realms of likely possibility. It's possible, but it's about as possible as us suddenly going on an amazing run and finishing in the top 7.

I just went back through every PL season and the closest to 11 was Sunderland with 15 and the next closest was Sunderland again with 19. The vast majority of bottom teams get at least 25. I know we're very bad (at the moment) but to suggest that we'll become the worst or second worst PL team ever is just purely delusion and hyperbole - it really is. Even if our form from the first third of the season was repeated over the rest of the season (and I don't think it will although I still think we'll go down) we'll still comfortably get over 11 points.

It's amazing how even now people can exaggerate how bad we are.

Not that it really matters of course but yeah, we won't struggle to get 7 more points but we will obviously struggle to stay up.

We're currently on course to get 14 points. What have you seen to make you think that will be massively different? 

To say its the same as us finishing top 7 is ridiculous. I think you've blinded yourself to our current situation.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

I'm amazed at the above post pointing out we should get 7 more points before the end of the season. Other clubs would be protesting by now, what on earth is wrong with Aston villa? 

Where the hell did I give off any indication that I wasn't pissed off with the situation? All I did was say that we'll get more than 7 points because some people have bizarrely got it into their heads that we're going to break or equal Derby's record.

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We're currently on course to get 14 points. What have you seen to make you think that will be massively different? 

To say its the same as us finishing top 7 is ridiculous. I think you've blinded yourself to our current situation.

For one I think we have a manager that at least actually is a proper football manager and we've got a lot of new players so they'll probably improve a bit. I don't think it will be "massively" different in that I think we'll suddenly start showing mid-table form but we'll probably pick up more than 9 points at least, not that that will mean much when we go down.

Yeah I'm so blind to your current situation that I've said repeatedly that I think it's very likely we'll go down. Or does the fact that I'm not going ridiculously over the top with hyperbole about how I think we'll officially be the worst PL team ever mean that I've somehow "blinded" myself?

Try reading my posts FFS.

Edited by Mantis

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You said its delusional and hyperbole when we are on course for 14 points.

I think you're blinding yourself when you say that.

Considering that there have been about 2 PL in sides in over 20 years which have shown form like this consistently throughout the season yes, I do think it's delusional and hyperbolic to suggest that we'll end up on 11-15 points.

I do think there's a big chance of us finishing bottom though, although no doubt I'm still "blinding" myself to our situation?

Seems like there's no middle ground on here.

Edited by Mantis

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Where the hell did I give off any indication that I wasn't pissed off with the situation? All I did was say that we'll get more than 7 points because some people have bizarrely got it into their heads that we're going to break or equal Derby's record

More a comment on that it's a conversation that we're actually having to have than an attack on your opinion. 

We can't defend, we can't score goals, our midfield can't do either of those things as well. 3 goals in 6 games at home suggests it's not much of an overreaction to think we'll go down with a woeful number of points.

• Like 1

Â