Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

2 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

More a comment on that it's a conversation that we're actually having to have than an attack on your opinion. 

To be fair, I don't think the situation here is any different to what would be the case with most other clubs. Everybody is rightly grumbling but physically protesting wouldn't change anything. Even a sudden change of owner wouldn't magically make everything better.

1 minute ago, Hanky said:

We can't defend, we can't score goals, our midfield can't do either of those things as well. 3 goals in 6 games at home suggests it's not much of an overreaction to think we'll go down with a woeful number of points.

Anything less than 30 is a very woeful number of points if you ask me. All I'm saying is that it's an overreaction to say that we'll end up on <15 points because it is.

5 hours ago, VillaCas said:

Can we get above three of Sunderland, Newcastle, Bournemouth, Norwich, Swansea or Watford? For me it depends if Garde is the real deal or not - MC made me think he was, yesterday made me think not - it seemed a really odd decision to start Grealish over Sinclair given that we were weak at LB and also odd that Westwood came back in for Sanchez. In our position you can't afford to get too many things wrong

I like the look of Garde but I've got no idea if he is going to end up any good or not. The fact that he was bought in by the same team who thought Sherwood was the answer does not fill me with confidence.  It's only his third game but if we fail against Watford I really think we will go into a death spiral that there will be no recovering from

If we are still in the bottom three in January I can't imagine what kind of talent we would attract that would improve our squad

I'm with you.....I don't know if Remi is the right man, but there again, I don't know who is......we have to support him.

I have a really,really bad feeling about all this.

I have a horrible feeling this club is imploding.

Some fans talk about Protesting......protesting against what, lack of knowledge.....The man who owns it, don't want it.....He knows no one can seem to make the right decisions,he has admitted as much himself, as soon as  anyone seems to know what degree of a mess we are in they are sacked.

PS There are no "miracle men" out there

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Would us staying up being the greatest ,miracle in history now?

Well, no team has ever survived from our situation before, so it might not be the greatest miracle in history but it would be really frigging surprising at this point. 

It does not take a seasoned spectator to see where we are heading.

Baring a Dramatic change in our individual performances leading to team performances in my view there is no debate/doubt of our fate.

The criteria for drawing those conclusions are Glaring/Stark.

I hear Chris Kamara saying that we didn't do much wrong defensively, that Everton were that good....its not that often I disagree with Pundits, but I do on this one.

ALL teams in this division will look good.....IF YOU LET THEM.

Defensive work is a team game, not just the responsibility of the defenders.....However, when we conceded the first goal, they were queing up at the back post and we had the smallest player in the team defending it.

head is shaking with disbelief.

3 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Watford is a must win game hopefully we can pack Villa Park and get a behind the team. 

Hopefully, for once, the players might stand up and take some responsibility, regardless of whether the ground is packed or if the crowd are behind them.

Doubt it though.....

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

I Hopefully, for once, the players might stand up and take some responsibility, regardless of whether the ground is packed or if the crowd are behind them.

Doubt it though.....

I don't think the problem is players not taking responsibility. The problem is players just aren't that good. We have been an appalling team for 4 seasons now. The only different is we have lost our only decent player while other teams have improved. We're finished. 

4 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Hopefully, for once, the players might stand up and take some responsibility, regardless of whether the ground is packed or if the crowd are behind them.

Doubt it though.....

Pretty much.

I've said it before the fans do their part. We probably offer more support and patience than most other PL clubs over the past few years with some truly awful managers.

5 hours ago, Mantis said:

To be fair, I don't think the situation here is any different to what would be the case with most other clubs. Everybody is rightly grumbling but physically protesting wouldn't change anything. Even a sudden change of owner wouldn't magically make everything better.

Anything less than 30 is a very woeful number of points if you ask me. All I'm saying is that it's an overreaction to say that we'll end up on <15 points because it is.

Why is it an overreaction when our current average points per game suggests we will end on 14 points? In addition to that we have lost a decent left back for the season and are yet to see signs of improvement. I fail to see why suggesting we could end up with less than 15 points is an overreaction!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don't think the problem is players not taking responsibility. The problem is players just aren't that good. We have been an appalling team for 4 seasons now. The only different is we have lost our only decent player while other teams have improved. We're finished. 

I think it's a combination of both. The players are rubbish, but they aren't worse than Norwich or Bournemouth or Watford for example. Difference is, those teams fight regardless of their inferior quality. Same with Leicester. 11 players all working together and running through brick walls.

Can't remember who it was but they were saying how Jon Walters is fully aware of what level he is at and knows if he doesn't give 100%, he's got no chance. We have nobody like that and tbh, I can't think of any player we have that I'd rather have instead of Jon Walters atm.

• Like 2

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why is it an overreaction when our current average points per game suggests we will end on 14 points? In addition to that we have lost a decent left back for the season and are yet to see signs of improvement. I fail to see why suggesting we could end up with less than 15 points is an overreaction!

Because form rarely if ever stays the same for any team throughout an entire season. There's a reason why the vast majority of teams that finish bottom still manage at least 25 points.

Also, some people have actually been suggesting that we won't even get 7 more points.

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Because form rarely if ever stays the same for any team throughout an entire season. There's a reason why the vast majority of teams that finish bottom still manage at least 25 points.

Also, some people have actually been suggesting that we won't even get 7 more points.

Fair enough. 15 points is a worse case scenario and probably a slight overreaction but I can understand why fans feel that way. Watford at home really is a must win. 

I don't think 15 points is an over reaction as it stands.

If anything it's a tad optimistic as it stands. I would say that we're going to need to score a few in order to get to 15 as I can't see us pulling off too many 0-0s.

Scoring atm, from what I've seen, is looking highly unlikely if it doesn't involve some hit n hope with a fluke deflection.

Â