Pre-match thread

NulliSecundus

I'm not saying I think we'll win but Jesus Christ it gets ridiculous in these threads sometimes.

We've 'spent' 51 million and we put that team out.

It's a relegation line up.

FFS - you do realise that we've got players injured/unfit, right?

I'm sure he does, are you seriously saying that's our best 11 from the players he has to choose from?

That line up has just given Sunderland a big boost.

Probably wisest just to concede the game before we even kick a ball, then?

Hell, why bother playing the rest of the season...  We're just going to get relegated with that kind of lineup...

It's at this point where Tuesday's team selection looks like a mistake. If we'd have played a team to get the job done in 90 minutes, i.e one with a proper defence, then maybe we wouldn't be having to rest our better players now.

**** that I wanna concede the season. Can we just get relegated now?

I'm not saying I think we'll win but Jesus Christ it gets ridiculous in these threads sometimes.

We've 'spent' 51 million and we put that team out.

It's a relegation line up.

FFS - you do realise that we've got players injured/unfit, right?

I'm sure he does, are you seriously saying that's our best 11 from the players he has to choose from?

That line up has just given Sunderland a big boost.

Given fitness and the game on Tuesday night, it could possibly be yes.

All I can think is perhaps Gil and Veretout to come on in second half. They both played long matches on Tuesday. Also you don't know that some players may have the bug slightly, and not at 100%. Disappointing for what should be a banker.

Hell, why bother playing the rest of the season... We're just going to get relegated with that kind of lineup...

I just love better fan crap.

Just because we don't agree with you doesn't mean we want to lose, we all want this club to win every game.

I really hope I'm completely wrong but I just don't see any creativity in that line up.

• Like 1

I see it as an OK side... Sinclair for Gabby, still some midfield movement.. We don't have a couple of the creative players, but that doesn't mean we're now relegation favourites. Stop with the doom and gloom and just enjoy it.

It's at this point where Tuesday's team selection looks like a mistake. If we'd have played a team to get the job done in 90 minutes, i.e one with a proper defence, then maybe we wouldn't be having to rest our better players now.

I don't know how many times it needs to be said, but it's a complete fluke that we got taken to extra time on Tuesday. 

I don't know how many times it needs to be said, but it's a complete fluke that we got taken to extra time on Tuesday.

Because Sinclair shouldn't have got a pen? Trollface.jpg

what a horrible looking side, Sunderland must be bricking it

Fortunately I'll still take it over theirs, Its really not that bad IMO, especially considering the circumstances.

No I get that to an extent, but playing Bacuna wide right and adding an extra defensive midfielder is pretty dour against the worse team in the league.

i know it feels boring stating it, but at least Gil should have been playing. He maybe suffering from sickness also I guess.

how many lucky deflections go against us, sometimes i swear every 50/50 goes for the opposition, so i couldn't care less if it wasn't a penalty of if a giant pigeon picked up the ball and dropped it in their net.

Edited by VillanousOne

I know it wasn't a penalty but if we hadn't have got that then it would have been even worse, despite the fact we might have been a bit sharper for today's game.