Adama Traore

mwj

Just now, theboyangel said:

I thought both cards were reckless challenges and therefore the sending offs justified.

However, have seen only yellows given for similar too.

yeah think though for a 3rd minute red card you would expect something a lot more heavier. 

Just now, Zatman said:

yeah think though for a 3rd minute red card you would expect something a lot more heavier. 

Maybe but it shouldn't matter what period of play the infringement occurs in -  his foot was up and studs showing.

it looks like the ref actually took his time too over the decision.

He's such a plank . . . big night out under the lights, boos ringing around the stadium (I was trying my best), gets himself sent off. 

They obviously think he's important though, they basically gave up all hope of scoring or even creating chances after he went off. 

14 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Maybe but it shouldn't matter what period of play the infringement occurs in -  his foot was up and studs showing.

it looks like the ref actually took his time too over the decision.

It should have never been a red card.  Neither challenge should have been.  Ref was apparently just terrible.

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

It should have never been a red card.  Neither challenge should have been.  Ref was apparently just terrible.

Not so sure.

I'd have to see it again, but it was extremely late, and he undoubtedly jumped into the tackle. 

"Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the
front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force
and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."

That's the definition of serious foul play.

I can definitely see how Adama's challenge fits that description.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Not so sure.

I'd have to see it again, but it was extremely late, and he undoubtedly jumped into the tackle. 

"Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the
front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force
and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."

That's the definition of serious foul play.

I can definitely see how Adama's challenge fits that description.

He wasn't endangering the safety of whoever he clattered, nor was it excessive force.  It was just a bog standard late challenge that usually (and should, IMO) results in a yellow card.

If he flew in with studs showing, different matter.  He didn't.

14 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Not a red card IMO. Was he booed at Villa Park? Why?

Because he forced a transfer after refusing to suit up for a game, which he did because he felt that the Championship (the division he now plays in) was beneath his talents. 

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

It's hard to tell because the camera cuts away but to me it looks like he's really making a play for the ball. Hourihane also rolled around a bit which is fair enough as enough cheating clearings in the woods do it to us.

"making a play for the ball" doesn't make it any less of a red card (I'm not talking about this incident in particular here)

Going for the ball is no excuse for anything. 

I could deliberately not go for the ball and commit a very minor foul. You could "go for the ball", mistime it and commit a horrendous foul that breaks someone's leg.

Like the Mane incident at the weekend. The defence seems to be "he had eyes for the ball". It makes very little difference. A foul is a foul.

As for Hourihane rolling around, he was clearly hurt. he spent the next 10 minutes limping.

FWIW I do think this was a harsh Red. however I can see why this one got upheld and Lansbury's didn't.

You could argue that this one was dangerous and lacked control. It was very late and committed at high speed.

Again I don't think it WAS a red having seen it a few more times, but the ingredients are there.

Whereas Lansbury's was a total nonsense. The only argument for that was he didn't go for the ball, which as explained above makes little difference.

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Lansbury's was just a bad IMO.

I don't see how, by any definition of what a foul is, Lansbury's can be classed as bad.

Edited by Stevo985

i dont see them as the same at all

traore there is an argument that he left the floor and had no control, its the back leg that follows through, i dont think the contact is that bad but thats more down to luck than judgement, the refs have been trying (and failing) to stop it for years now, also think theres an argument that its a stupid tackle, he's going no where and just pumping the ball away from nearly off the pitch, absolutely no need for the tackle

lansbury if anything was actually the opposite, its perfectly controlled, he knows what he's doing, he's being a word removed, its not a red card, you see tons of fouls and yellow cards where a man whos been beat just takes the attacker out, its not often you see one so blatant but its in no way shape or form dangerous to the opponent 

• Like 2

Â