Adama Traore

mwj

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i dont see them as the same at all

traore there is an argument that he left the floor and had no control, its the back leg that follows through, i dont think the contact is that bad but thats more down to luck than judgement, the refs have been trying (and failing) to stop it for years now, also think theres an argument that its a stupid tackle, he's going no where and just pumping the ball away from nearly off the pitch, absolutely no need for the tackle

lansbury if anything was actually the opposite, its perfectly controlled, he knows what he's doing, he's being a word removed, its not a red card, you see tons of fouls and yellow cards where a man whos been beat just takes the attacker out, its not often you see one so blatant but its in no way shape or form dangerous to the opponent 

Exactly this.

The only argument for Lansbury's being worse is that it was deliberate. But as I've already said, a tackle being a deliberate foul doesn't make the offence worse according to the laws of the game.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

FWIW I do think this was a harsh Red. however I can see why this one got upheld and Lansbury's didn't.

You could argue that this one was dangerous and lacked control. It was very late and committed at high speed.

Again I don't think it WAS a red having seen it a few more times, but the ingredients are there.

Whereas Lansbury's was a total nonsense. The only argument for that was he didn't go for the ball, which as explained above makes little difference.

Not going for the ball makes all the difference. It makes the challenge all the more dangerous. Lansbury literally kicked at his calf from behind and could have seriously injured him. 

12 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Not going for the ball makes all the difference. It makes the challenge all the more dangerous. Lansbury literally kicked at his calf from behind and could have seriously injured him. 

Going by the laws of the game, you're simply wrong.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Going by the laws of the game, you're simply wrong.

Really? It seems the FA agrees with me. 

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

Sounds exactly like what Lansbury did (and Adama as well tbf) 

FA Rules

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

He didn't kick him, per se.

He was stretching to catch him, which made it look worse.

True. At least a kick would be controlled per se. His was a wild lunge. He luckily missed the calf by inches, but if his cleats caught it, it would be lights out for that player for a while especially as he wasn't expecting the challenge. Definition of dangerous. 

34 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Really? It seems the FA agrees with me. 

Sounds exactly like what Lansbury did (and Adama as well tbf) 

FA Rules

That's exactly the rule I read, and to be included in that description it would have to have used excessive force or endangered the safety of the opponent.

Lansbury wasn't even close to doing either of those things.

So yeah. you're wrong.

26 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

True. At least a kick would be controlled per se. His was a wild lunge. He luckily missed the calf by inches, but if his cleats caught it, it would be lights out for that player for a while especially as he wasn't expecting the challenge. Definition of dangerous. 

Literally NOT the definition of dangerous :D 

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Didn't an Arsenal player get sent off for cynically tripping Adama last season or am I completely imaging that.

It was pretty similar to the Lansbury foul.

Xhaka did but was vs swansea i think

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

And people were saying boro got the better deal with adama?? Albert scores another goal meanwhile adama does a reckless and stupid tackle conceading a penalty costing boro the game vs cardiff. :lol:

He will have another decent game in 18 months and people will still be bemoaning the fact we sold him, and calling him the new Pele.

• Like 2

Â