Adama Traore

mwj

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

And if he'd done anything of note in those appearances he might have got a start.

Got an assist against Sunderland. 

And what you say is a pretty fair point, but you can't argue he was tried and it failed. 

If after Grealish's first 10 sub appearances, people said well we've tried and it failed they'd be laughed at. 

We didn't try him properly at all. 

• Like 1

maybe we didn't, but he's had ample opportunity for Boro and showed exactly why he wasn't being picked for us.

we couldn't see it from the outside, but it appears that the coaching staff made the right decision not to use him, no matter how atrocious the others were.

10 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

But he obviously did. Disingenuous to say otherwise.

Did he?

A couple of nice runs, one assist, and marked out of the game for the rest of the time he was on the pitch.

His biggest asset was the element of surprise. As soon as he'd made one run against a team he was useless because they all knew what he'd do.

He was shit. Even shitter than the rest of the shit we had playing last season.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, a m ole said:

maybe we didn't, but he's had ample opportunity for Boro and showed exactly why he wasn't being picked for us.

we couldn't see it from the outside, but it appears that the coaching staff made the right decision not to use him, no matter how atrocious the others were.

He's been poor but I think he's looked better for boro this season than many players we had last year. 

I think people are forgetting what we actually were like last year. 

He's shown that he wouldn't have made a huge difference. He hasn't shown that we were right to not try him. We were relegated as arguably the worst team in the history of the league. 

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Did he?

A couple of nice runs, one assist, and marked out of the game for the rest of the time he was on the pitch.

His biggest asset was the element of surprise. As soon as he'd made one run against a team he was useless because they all knew what he'd do.

He was shit. Even shitter than the rest of the shit we had playing last season.

What did the others do that was much better?

He played a total of 184 minutes and only 5 players got more assists than him. And 3 of them only got one more. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He's been poor but I think he's looked better for boro this season than many players we had last year. 

I think people are forgetting what we actually were like last year. 

He's shown that he wouldn't have made a huge difference. He hasn't shown that we were right to not try him. We were relegated as arguably the worst team in the history of the league. 

And I think people let his incredible athleticism and burst of speed cloud how really poor a footballer he is. There's Sunday League players who are more tactically astute than he is, and they didn't grow up at La Masia. He's got a great talent and not a clue how to use it. It's why he always looks like he's going to make an impact but never does.

10 minutes ago, a m ole said:

And I think people let his incredible athleticism and burst of speed cloud how really poor a footballer he is. There's Sunday League players who are more tactically astute than he is, and they didn't grow up at La Masia. He's got a great talent and not a clue how to use it. It's why he always looks like he's going to make an impact but never does.

He has plenty of flaws. 

I'm under no illusion he's some world beater. 

That's not really the argument though. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Shitter than those who played ahead of him? What an utterly hilarious statement LOL

he was nothing compared to such great wide players like Bacuna, Richardson, Sinclair

He got people excited cos he ran really fast and 1 in every 3 attempts he ran past people

He made more appearances than passes, he was garbage, this "what if" stuff is nonsense, he was selfish, didn't produce the goods and rather than try and point the blame if rather say th mangager who saw him day in day out saw he did **** in training to justify starting him

the mans a myth

• Like 2

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

He got people excited cos he ran really fast and 1 in every 3 attempts he ran past people

He made more appearances than passes, he was garbage, this "what if" stuff is nonsense, he was selfish, didn't produce the goods and rather than try and point the blame if rather say th mangager who saw him day in day out saw he did **** in training to justify starting him

the mans a myth

"what if" he got a proper chance?

He's got that chance this season, and he's still shit.

• Like 2

Didn't Traore always turn up late for training and even refused to be on the bench one game? I'm glad a player with that attitude didn't get a "proper" chance. He's shite anyway.

Edited by PieFacE

Some people seem to be creating an argument to post 'witty' responses to.

The argument isn't, Adama is excellent and should have played because he'd have made a big difference. Having said that, his shit performances this year look better than the wide performances of Richardson, Veretout, Bacuna and Sinclair that i saw last season. 

The argument is, that we were a team consistently losing, failing to score goals and heading down as arguably the worst team in the history of the league, so we should have tried a new attacking option, who hadn't been given much of a chance, instead of sticking with proven failure week in week out. 

But carry on if it makes you feel good. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm just not really sure why anyone really cares about him? He failed here and moved on and is seemingly failing again.

I'm just delighted we traded him for Adomah.

One of the best bit of business we have done in recent seasons. Worked out well.

Â