Adama Traore

mwj

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

Hopefully he's one of the players that RDM has said he wants to keep, that has agreed to stay.

Irrespective of the different feelings across the support for the reasons he didn't play a lot more last year, I think we can all agree that he can be a massive asset in the championship.

Seeing him as a first choice winger would be really exciting, especially if he had fewer 'potential' players around him and more established players.

Adama being the only wild card, or one of two wild cards in the team, is the ideal way that I can see him succeeding.

Summed up pretty much perfectly Rob.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Holtern8 said:

He reminds me soooo much of Ronaldinho when he's running at players. I still don't think he'll be here next season but can guarantee wherever he goes he'll end up being a huge hit! 

Different types of players completely.

17 minutes ago, Holtern8 said:

He reminds me soooo much of Ronaldinho when he's running at players. I still don't think he'll be here next season but can guarantee wherever he goes he'll end up being a huge hit! 

Wot?

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Different types of players completely.

I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like him. He is unique.

I am still of the opinion that he will leave, however, this may depend on a release clause. It is possible, with everything else supposedly written into the contract, that a release clause may not have gone in as condition of some of the other concessions. If there is a release clause, his agent will be already touting him and it's probable that he'll leave.

It may be that he maintains his premiership wage but if we can keep him I think we should. Hopefully RDM will like what he's seen of him and make him one of the first, if not the first priorities to tie down next season. He has the potential to score 20+ next season and make 20+ as well. He is one of the only players on here that we all seem to agree about. We can't all be wrong. How much would a player who scores 20 and makes 20 cost?

For all of the excitement, that Traore creates, I'm afraid he is one of those Raheem Sterling style players.

Flattering to deceive all of the time.

A flash Dan with no, or very little end product. And what is needed in the game is players who produce an end product on a consistent basis.

Barcelona were willing to let him go, which says to me, that they had given up on ever turning him into a team player.

The way he plays means that he will miss a lot of playing time because he will be continually injured. A shame really because the young man obviously has a great deal of natural talent but, just doesn't have the brain cells to make the most of it.

33 minutes ago, Holtern8 said:

Oh yeah I forgot Ronaldinho had long hair so they must be the cliched "two completely different players" :rolleyes:

No, just that what is more of a winger (Adama), and one is more of a CM/ACM/Forward:rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, 1958Villan said:

For all of the excitement, that Traore creates, I'm afraid he is one of those Raheem Sterling style players.

A flash Dan with no, or very little end product. And what is needed in the game is players who produce an end product on a consistent basis.

Barcelona were willing to let him go, which says to me, that they had given up on ever turning him into a team player.

The way he plays means that he will miss a lot of playing time because he will be continually injured. A shame really because the young man obviously has a great deal of natural talent but, just doesn't have the brain cells to make the most of it.

You've met him then? Been privy to training sessions? 

If not there are an awful lot of assumptions made there based on incredibly limited viewing during a turbulent season within which we had four different managers. 

6 minutes ago, 1958Villan said:

Might be a bit controversial, but I don't necessarily see someone who's 19, not being good enough for Barcelona meaning that they can't do a job in the Championship.

• Like 2

Unless his salary is a real cause for concern to the club, I would really like to see him given a go in pre season firstly, then the opening few games of the new season.  We all know that he has pace to burn, which scares any defender, it's just whether his end product is consistent enough?  With RDM/Clarke coaching him I have every faith.  

59 minutes ago, 1958Villan said:

I wouldn't mind a few "Raheem Sterling type players" at the Villa.

Adama has not flattered to deceive either.

Why is he a "flash dan" is it because he takes players on? To me, this is one of the most exciting aspects of football

I'm not sure why he'll miss a lot of playing time either-He looks fit and strong enough for me.

I think you should reserve judgement like that until he's had a run in the side. Start him in the first 10 games and I think you may end up being surprised. Can you imagine the spaces he'll create in other areas as teams double up on him?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Holtern8 said:

Oh yeah I forgot Ronaldinho had long hair so they must be the cliched "two completely different players" :rolleyes:

One was one of the greatest players of his generation.... the other is a rather one-dimensional kid with potential... 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Even then, if we are going to compare Ronaldinho used great skill and guile to go past people, Traore, as much as I have high hopes is far more direct, with brute strength and pace.

This 100%

Not that its a bad thing. That brute strength and pace is frightening. I think he will never e the best at actually tracking back but his pace could be developed to make up for this when we are on the back foot.

• Like 1

Â