Adama Traore

mwj

Jack's shooting looks really poor. Really needs to improve on that.

Yeah that's part of what I got from that too. I was actually surprised that he took so many shots, and now I think I know why he can be hesitant to do so.  Definitely the part of his game that needs work but there's plenty of time for that.  I also see what people mean when they describe Adama as raw.  I get the impression (again from that brief video) that up against a proper leftback he'd be nullified by good positioning.  But it'll be fun finding out and watching him progress :)

The thing with Traore will be, he will beat most left backs with his pace and power however he will frustrate at times, his final delivery isn't that great and sometimes he doesn't release the ball at the right time.

If he had all that in his game then he wouldn't need to come to us. He looks impressive but he has lots to learn and were going to have some fun watching it happen. :o  :wacko:  :D   UTV

The thing with Traore will be, he will beat most left backs with his pace and power however he will frustrate at times, his final delivery isn't that great and sometimes he doesn't release the ball at the right time.

If he had all that in his game then he wouldn't need to come to us. He looks impressive but he has lots to learn and were going to have some fun watching it happen. :o  :wacko:  :D   UTV

Agreed, but that's the point I don't think a left back can really stop him if he gets running at them it's just the final 3rd he lacks in decision making but it's scary to think what Barca have.

I think one of the things we'll see with Adama is that much of his crosses will be low and on the ground as Barcelona seldom use target type forwards.

Something you'll spot watching any given video of Barca or Barca B, not sure this will suit Gestede or Kozak.

I'm sure he like our forwards can adapt, but his first instinct will be to cross it low It's imprinted in his Barca dna.

He really is an incredibly exciting player and an amazing coup for us

Edited by sne

A young, quick, direct and skillful winger, remind me of how much Raheem Sterling went for?

On a side note, leaving the stadium on Tuesday my 10yr old boy said 'he's a beast dad (I presume beast is youth talk for good) why don't we play him upfront he's better than Benteke'

Now that last part is youthful nonsense but it did make me wonder. Sorry if this has already been discussed but anyone else see him as a striker in future years?

I agree.

But on the other hand he's played about 90 minutes for us so far. So there's a very good chance once he settles in he'll start making those decisions correctly more often.

given his current natural affinity to cross low or provide a cutback type cross...  perhaps the traditional target man like Gestede is not what we actually need.  Maybe players like Ayew, Sinclair, etc. will thrive with this type of winger?  Perhaps that is why another AM like Ljajic has been linked?

just tossing out ideas.

If he can beat the fullback and get to the byline inside the area a half dozen times per game and put a low cross across the 6-yard box or pull it back to an open teammate we're likely to get one or more decent chances per game out of it.  I don't see the need to cross early to a striker's head or even stop/slow down to look for a pinpoint pass before getting to the by-line.   The law of averages says just keep getting there and putting it across we'll get goals.

• Like 1

If he can beat the fullback and get to the byline inside the area a half dozen times per game and put a low cross across the 6-yard box or pull it back to an open teammate we're likely to get one or more decent chances per game out of it. I don't see the need to cross early to a striker's head or even stop/slow down to look for a pinpoint pass before getting to the by-line. The law of averages says just keep getting there and putting it across we'll get goals.

Absolutely. Didn't he get something like 14 assists in an absolutely abysmal side last season by doing exactly that?

I don't know the stats, but I would imagine more goals are scored from low balls across the area than from headers on average. Source - my eyes.

If he can beat the fullback and get to the byline inside the area a half dozen times per game and put a low cross across the 6-yard box or pull it back to an open teammate we're likely to get one or more decent chances per game out of it. I don't see the need to cross early to a striker's head or even stop/slow down to look for a pinpoint pass before getting to the by-line. The law of averages says just keep getting there and putting it across we'll get goals.

Absolutely. Didn't he get something like 14 assists in an absolutely abysmal side last season by doing exactly that?

I don't know the stats, but I would imagine more goals are scored from low balls across the area than from headers on average. Source - my eyes.

And presumably our chaps will now know what to expect when he heads for the byline, and will know where they need to be to take advantage.

• Like 2

Please tell me that wink means what I think it means!!

It means that he was making a cheeky comment that playing against him now won't help, given that we are playing them Saturday.

Yes, Trent has little insights of advanced knowledge, but there's no need to analyse every little thing he says ;-)

• Like 2

given his current natural affinity to cross low or provide a cutback type cross...  perhaps the traditional target man like Gestede is not what we actually need.  Maybe players like Ayew, Sinclair, etc. will thrive with this type of winger?  Perhaps that is why another AM like Ljajic has been linked?

just tossing out ideas.

To be fair, Gestede is not just a six-foot pole with a head on top, he also has feet and has scored using them before. 

• Like 1

Â