Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

This lad is going to be huge for us.  Delighted and single handedly now we will be nowhere near relegation places on the back of this signing alone

Holy moly, that good?  I hope you're right man.

Feeling confident anyway, but I can't even pretend to say I know anything about our new guys...but all the noises are right.

• Like 1

This lad is going to be huge for us.  Delighted and single handedly now we will be nowhere near relegation places on the back of this signing alone

Holy moly, that good?  I hope you're right man.

Feeling confident anyway, but I can't even pretend to say I know anything about our new guys...but all the noises are right.

Seriously he stays with us for a few years and the Benteke fee will seem like pocket money,  this boy is a world class talent

• Like 2

Having looked at the stats and clips of Veretout and Gueye they look miles better in the middle and better balanced than Delph and Westwood/Sanchez. I think they can open up more formations as Delph and Westwood struggled when they we went 2 in the middle. They open up the double pivot, even a flat 4. We haven't had that since Petrov and Milner really.

Yes Richard stop being positive.  You know some don't like it.

I actually love the fact that people on here enjoying themselves and being optimistic genuinely seems to piss other Villa fans off :lol:  Bravo to both sides.  We couldn't do it without you :thumb:

• Like 4

Here's what's going to happen: All the new signings needs a year to be blooded. Then they fire at all cylinders at once, and we mop the floors with absolutely all opposition in the championship the season after. < /silly negativity mode>

Edited by Gompedyret
  • Like 2

This lad is going to be huge for us. Delighted and single handedly now we will be nowhere near relegation places on the back of this signing alone

Holy moly, that good? I hope you're right man.

Seriously he stays with us for a few years and the Benteke fee will seem like pocket money, this boy is a world class talent

Whilst I admire your optimism I can't help but feel you're being a little unrealistic.

A) How much have you actually seen him play? (genuine question in a non arsy-tone)

B) if he is that good, then why has he just signed for us?

• Like 1

This lad is going to be huge for us. Delighted and single handedly now we will be nowhere near relegation places on the back of this signing alone

Seriously he stays with us for a few years and the Benteke fee will seem like pocket money, this boy is a world class talent

Whilst I admire your optimism I can't help but feel you're being a little unrealistic.

A) How much have you actually seen him play? (genuine question in a non arsy-tone)

B) if he is that good, then why has he just signed for us

Benteke was that good and signed for us for 7m so to use your argument why would he have signed for us?

B) if he is that good, then why has he just signed for us

Benteke was that good and signed for us for 7m so to use your argument why would he have signed for us?

I get the distinct impression that this player is much more well known than Benteke though. Benteke was seen as a bit of a gamble at the time, doesn't feel that way with this player.

Hey guys. Supporter of FC Nantes and huge fan of Jordan Veretout (pronounce veh-reh-too) here. Been following him even before he was a pro, in his junior years at Nantes.

Really glad that he is joining Premier League and the Villans. Can't wait to see him play with your colors. I am sure he will do great. Great bargain your club is doing here.

If you have any question, shoot.

Hey buddy! Welcome to Aston Villa yourself.

In your own words what are his strengths and weaknesses? You can give as long a description as you like!

Thanks.

Jordan is a pure product of our junior training centre. Originally from our region, spent almost all his youth at Nantes.

Always been one of the best in his team in U17 and U19. Very regular in his progression.

4 years ago when he was just 18 and Nantes was still in French Second League, our coach at the time believed in him and made him skip the reserve to play directly with the pro group, as a regular player. Jordan has not left the 11 ever since. He immediately showed a lot of maturity, technic and vision. Even scored his first goals and assists on his very first season.

The last 3 seasons he has always been in our top 3 players of the season. Clearly our best player in 2014/2015. We had the crazy hope to keep him one more year but let's be realistic here... His style is perfect for the Premier League. He also had Liga clubs interested in him but I don't think his style is convenient for the Spanish championship.

He is a pure CM. Can help as a DM or CAM, but his true position is CM, definitely.

Strengths:

- Great vision

- Great passer

- Endurance

- Very good mentality

- 4-season experience as a regular player already

- Almost never injured

Weaknesses:

- Average speed

- Technically average

- Not the best free kick/corner shooter

- Can't play on wings