Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

They all have different attributes and it gives the manager the opportunity to blend the right permutations for certain matches as he views the varying styles we play against.

I understand and appreciate the neggies attributed to Ayew, McCormack & Gestede.

with Ayew it is very difficult to get a player who is so comfortable on the ball at this level....he does need to improve his awareness of players around him and bring them in much quicker.....I think he is capable of scoring, but looks like he needs to adjust his game for that.

I am inclined to agree with Stevo.....sell none of the forwards.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

'Correct' isn't a superlative. 

Depends on the context. Correct means 'free from error'. Was his post free from all error, or is the word 'correct' an exaggeration, which would make it a superlative?

Did anyone check his spelling FFS?

(Don't worry if the point I'm trying to make is going over your head, I'm only half with it myself) 

12 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

An ingrained mentality courtesy of our former beloved owner.

It will take a while for supporters to move from the idea we need to sell players to stay above water, to thinking we need to buy players to beat Real Madrid in the Champions League final. But if anyone can create that shift of thought, the Doc can!

Not at all, we're top heavy at the moment and say adding a Hernandez in January wouldn't be sustainable for the long run.

Let's remember whatever level we are we need to keep a sustainable wage bill, that ran wildly out  control in Lerner's first four seasons and we paid the price for it.

Having people like Gestede and Mc on the bench for 30-40k a week might be o.k for a few months but not a few seasons.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

15 minutes of no passing, dwelling on the ball, starting arguments, delaying proceedings by moaning, dribbling out of his own box , and doing tricks by our own goal line.

Again, just bonkers.  Leeds were just time wasting and he wanted to get on with it since we're losing.  "Starting arguments"!  Incredible.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Again, just bonkers.  Leeds were just time wasting and he wanted to get on with it since we're losing.  "Starting arguments"!  Incredible.

Well maybe he has to be smarter. Even when we got the decision he wouldn't let it go...and this was in stoppage time.

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Poor against Cardiff and poor when coming on today. 

He's becoming less and less of a key player for us. Which is quite worrying considering the level we've dropped to. 

People will disagree but I think he has rarely been above poor/average since he arrived. Just not a player I rate at all.

• Like 1

Yeah I would disagree with that Trent just in the sprit of debate an all. 

I think he's had a lot of very good games for us and a lot of below average/poor games for us. Last game he was poor for me but against Forest he was outstanding just to pick two. 

Consistency and team play/decision making is by far his biggest fault. However if he was good at both of those things he probably wouldn't be playing for us. 

I think Brucey has it about right at the moment. Going with the players who he knows he can trust and giving Ayew the chances to show he deserves a place in the team. He is a danger of the bench as Brighton and Reading away showed. 

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Well maybe he has to be smarter. Even when we got the decision he wouldn't let it go...and this was in stoppage time.

Or maybe we just need to not view our players so negatively......

Edited by Villan_of_oz

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

So we should look up to players who have played their part in turning is into a mid table Championship team?

Yes cos that's what i said..... geez

Edited by Villan_of_oz

55 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Poor today, but get rid? Delusional

What are we going to do sell every player that doesn't fit into our starting line up?!

No but when Mcormack is fit he might not even make the bench

8 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Which games?

Bit hungover so can't be arsed to do a detailed analysis but off the top of my head. 

Fulham

Barnsley

Newcastle

Forest

Rotherham

Also made a decent impact off the bench in several games (please don't make me name them!).

Dont get my wrong I'm not in love with the guy and wouldn't be that arsed if he left as long as we got someone better. Just can't agree that the guy is a no hoper as for me on his day he can present opponents with big problems. 

His dribbling, strength, long range shooting and close control are all big weapons. While someone like Adomah gives you much more consistency he doesn't have the same threat in my view. Which is why I'm pretty happy having both in the squad! 

Ayew seems like the anti Gabby (of a few years ago). He looks great, a classy player, good feet, capable of special things but it just never quite comes off, we seem to play worse as a team with him in it, whereas Gabby (of a few years ago) always looked awkward, like he was struggling to ever control the ball, barely capable of running in a straight line but always seemed to effect the game and pop in with big goals.

Its strange to watch, I'm not sure if it's just a bit of bad luck on Ayews part, or if it's his decision making, or if he's just a bit low on confidence and trying to do too much all the time but for all his "flash" he has not produced anything like he needs to yet and he really needs to pick it up if he's to have a career as a top level player - if you're struggling to impose yourself and have an impact at a mid table championship team you've got some real work to do

Â