Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Calling him a scapegoat is just stupid.

IMO he should be blamed as equally as Gollini for the points we've thrown away in 2 games. 

Er.....right.....

Edit - Sorry thats a bit childish. However all you have done is add Gollini to the mix.

Its not either of their fault why we lost yesterday. Im sure both would have rathered to have responded better to the situation but it was a whole team collapse, not just any 2 players.

Edited by Nigel

For me his talent can still be a big assett for us in this league and with a couple of days to go we need to be strengthening rather than making the team weaker. 

His attitude is a concern id agree that in general this season he has worked very hard so no issues there. His head noticably dropped though yesterday and it really did effect both his and the teams performance in the second half. I'd agree that he clearly doesn't want to be here and bearing in mind that we don't want to let him go I'd imagine this is a big concern and a main priority man management wise for RDM and co.

Right now as a club we need to be pulling together rather than pointing fingers. We have the talent to be very competitive in this league but to do that we have to gel as a team. Ayew can be a part of that but hopefully his position will become more under threat and he'll have to lift performances and attitude to stay in the team. 

Edited by villaglint

I'm even more bemused now, after analyzing the goal celebrations. After Grealish's goal he went over and gave out a few congratulatory high-fives, maybe he didn't want to celebrate too much because he knew the job wasn't done yet.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Did Xia say something about Ayew? Have I missed something here?

It didn't go unnoticed Ayew didn't celebrate Grealish's goal yesterday.

I recall a post on a Villa site about a fan asking him if he would be staying, and he replied: "Yes, forever!". I don't think anyone can fault his work-rate. I don't see a player actively wanting out, but rather a player desperate to prove that he is worth his transfer fee for Villa. I hope he will realize that he's just as valuable to the team assisting as scoring.

Yes, he might seem somewhat disgruntled on the pitch, whether Villa is winning or not. But I don't think he's ever been gruntled.

He celebrated just as much as most of the other players, i.e he went over and made a few congratulations. Not sure what people are talking about on that score, one of most stupid reasons for criticizing a player that I've ever seen.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, useless said:

He celebrated just as much as most of the other players, i.e he went over and made a few congratulations. Not sure what people are talking about on that score, one of most stupid reasons for criticizing a player that I've ever seen.

well it was the chairman who did it :lol:

• Like 1

We're Aston Villa and should be beating teams like Bristol whatever easily! It shouldn't be a big deal.

Why aren't the international players of Aston Vila going insane with a celebration when going 1 nil up to Bristol whatever in the first five mins of a league game!

• Like 1

So, Adama says he is not happy and wants to leave, so that is acknowledeged by the owner. Ayew, who everyone assumes is out of here, says nothing of the sort, but is blamed every day for our predicament caused by gollini and becomes the hate figure. Absolute bull.

18 minutes ago, Jareth said:

So, Adama says he is not happy and wants to leave, so that is acknowledeged by the owner. Ayew, who everyone assumes is out of here, says nothing of the sort, but is blamed every day for our predicament caused by gollini and becomes the hate figure. Absolute bull.

you do know Tony criticised him earlier and then deleted his tweet

8 hours ago, Jareth said:

Scapegoat

(in the Bible) a goat sent into the wilderness after the Jewish chief priest had symbolically laid the sins of the people upon it (Lev. 16).

What is this Bible of which you speak?

38 minutes ago, Jareth said:

His awful finishing has cost us as much as Gollini has. 

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

you do know Tony criticised him earlier and then deleted his tweet

this is exactly the kind of thing i was fearing...a deleted tweet almost makes it worse.

tony needs to stick to rainbows and unicorns and not slag off players, or supporters, or other clubs, etc.

He is basically playing the same way as he did last season.

Last season, he was always going solo due to being surrounded by 10 muppets, and was actually applauded for being the only one having a go .

This season however, its a new team, and other than in goal, is pretty much muppet free ( Gonzolini?) 

Now that we have a capable team, he needs to work with them, otherwise he is just a liability.

He is not playing alone anymore.

I have always rated him, even very early on. There's talent in his boots. 

But **** me after yesterday he needs to get back in the sea for a bit. Given the chance I'd drop him, he completely blew it. Really, really disappointing. 

The chance not shown yet were he could have squared it to McCormack was such schoolboy stuff. Ross was absolutely raging and he wasn't alone. I don't agree with the booing, at all, but I'm not surprised in the least. 

He needs to learn to be more of a team player because when he looks up he can be devastating. He's wasting his own talent at the moment and he's costing us points as a result. 

• Like 4

I remember listening to a podcast last year (think it was the times) and an African football expert said that Jordan Ayew had the worst talent to intelligence ratio he had ever seen. Spoke about making the wrong decisions all the time 

When I listened to it, I laughed it off, thinking it was over the top hate. But it wasn't, it was spot on. I haven't seen many players as talented as him who 99% of the time do the wrong thing. 

When you're the worst team in the league, it's admirable that this guy was trying and succeeding a little more than the rest. Now we're fighting for promotion, he's a problem. He's a big problem. 

With 2 more attacking signings, I'd have him straight on the bench and more pressure on him to perform. He's been a massive let down so far this season. 

• Like 3

Â