Jordan Amavi

Villaphan04

ok all these people saying his defence is atrocious please give examples.

i remember 1 or 2 examples but would like to hear more if there is some. if im proved wrong so be it. just seems that this thing of him not being able to defend has gathered legs in the last few weeks

^ Wasn't he all over the show in the Luton cup defeat. Didn't see the game at the weekend so don't know if he was at fault for any of the goals. He definitely had some shockers in the run up to his injury last season - I think they get forgotten about because so many players had so many shockers.

1 hour ago, Richie k said:

i remember 1 or 2 examples but would like to hear more if there is some. if im proved wrong so be it. just seems that this thing of him not being able to defend has gathered legs in the last few weeks

To be honest I can't remember the exact moments, however he made a couple costly mistakes, which lead to him being dropped by Sherwood. I don''t think anyone is doubting his ability/potential, however at present he is no where near the finished article. As a club we also have to sort out our system to use the likes of him to the best of their strengths. He is more of a Wing Back than an LB for me.

9 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

^ Wasn't he all over the show in the Luton cup defeat. Didn't see the game at the weekend so don't know if he was at fault for any of the goals. He definitely had some shockers in the run up to his injury last season - I think they get forgotten about because so many players had so many shockers.

He needs a run of games. I think there is a quality player in there somewhere and if we can get him going we will be all the better for it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

He was awful when he came on against Bristol City.

You would be too if you'd barely played in a year and were still feeling out your injury. It's a scary time coming back from an injury as you know it doesn't feel as strong as it did pre-injury and you don't want to injure yourself again. This is why we shouldn't have got rid of Bennett as Amavi is still a month from being 100%, yet when Cissokho went off injured Amavi was the only replacement for him. 

3 minutes ago, Daweii said:

You would be too if you'd barely played in a year and were still feeling out your injury. It's a scary time coming back from an injury as you know it doesn't feel as strong as it did pre-injury and you don't want to injure yourself again. This is why we shouldn't have got rid of Bennett as Amavi is still a month from being 100%, yet when Cissokho went off injured Amavi was the only replacement for him. 

I'm sure I would be. What's strange is that he was actually jumping into challenges and over committing when the ball was at the opposition players feet. Everything good Bristol City did came down our left hand side. That said, I think Grealish just gave up on the whole tracking back thing in the second half. 

I think part of the reason our fullbacks look so bad, so often, is that they have players like Ayew and Grealish playing in front of them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I think he's only had 2 games in a Villa shirt where he showed he could defend as well as bomb fwd, the rest of the time he has been pretty terrible even before the injury

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be honest I can't remember the exact moments, however he made a couple costly mistakes, which lead to him being dropped by Sherwood. I don''t think anyone is doubting his ability/potential, however at present he is no where near the finished article. As a club we also have to sort out our system to use the likes of him to the best of their strengths. He is more of a Wing Back than an LB for me.

Arguably you could say that about most modern day full backs though.

• Like 1

On 31/8/2016 at 14:21, Richie k said:

he had a mare in 2nd half vs Leicester which was forgotten because Sherwood, Guzan, Lescott and Bacuna were even worse. Palace game when him and Guzan made a balls to lose us the game

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A38villan said:

We need to remember his stats in the season prior to the summer we bought him. I may be wrong but I believe his defensive stats were among the best in L1?

yes but our signings last season proved was a big difference from Ligue 1 to Premier League

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

he had a mare in 2nd half vs Leicester which was forgotten because Sherwood, Guzan, Lescott and Bacuna were even worse. Palace game when him and Guzan made a balls to lose us the game

i remember guzan passing him the ball when amavi had his back turned and guzan should have kicked it down the field. put amavi under all kinds of pressure. he had a few mistakes i admit but could count them on one hand i reckon

Â