Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

actually looking back it was Vardy who made the cross but Match of the Day made it sound like Albrighton

The cross was Albrighton's, mate - Vardy just happened to scrape his boot along the top of the ball when he was trying to stick it in the back of the net, so he got credited with the assist because he touched it last before Ulloa scored.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DRAGONZ_RULE said:

The cross was Albrighton's, mate - Vardy just happened to scrape his boot along the top of the ball when he was trying to stick it in the back of the net, so he got credited with the assist because he touched it last before Ulloa scored.

ah so I was right 1st time then :lol: thought was him but was pissed why didnt get assist points in fantasy football

On 2/29/2016 at 12:15, Delphinho123 said:

He's more useful than Veretout. 

One of the very few I'd look to keep next year. 

He isn't great but will be decent in that division. 

Way more useful and way better for his position, he offers a hell of a lot more than Veretout. 

Gana has a high opinion of himself (remember his champions league comments?), so I don't expect him to stick around next season at all. 

Way late on this, but good post from DRAGONZ_RULE, though I do think it's slightly disingenuous to compare the passing stats of Gana and Kante simply due to the style of football their respective teams play. As bad as we are and as blunt as we are going forward, Garde (and to a lesser extent Sherwood) tries to implement a more possession-based type of play, which inevitably lends itself to having a greater number of passes than one would ordinarily have. Furthermore Gana's completion rate in particular would tend to be higher by the nature of him playing as the deepest midfielder and thus attempting more inventive or risky passes with less frequency.

Compare to that to Leicester, who as spectacularly well as they're playing aren't exact subtle in their approach. They're very much a buccaneering (tangent here but that is a satisfying adjective) counter attacking side that are all about getting from back to front as quickly as possible, and don't put as much emphasis on playing it through midfield. I'm not one that really pays much mind to stats or has them to hand but I believe their average possession proves this as they're something obscene like 19th in the league for it.

I don't mind Gana though, as has already been covered I'd expect him to be one of the first out the door in the summer, but he's also someone I could see doing a job for a few teams in the league so you can't blame him really.

Thought Gana was one of the better performers for your lot (together with Cissokho and then Gestede off the bench) tonight. The team overall was dire once again.

Broke up play quite well, made 8 tackles and 5 interceptions. Set up a couple of half-chances too.

Really stupid yellow card in the first half, there was no reason to cynically bring Barkley(?) down with the ball 80m from Villa's goal!

Edit: Forgot to include Cissokho.

Edited by DRAGONZ_RULE

Looked decent at tackling and poor on the ball. At one point he made a great tackle and then kicked it out for a throw trying to make a simple pass. 

Also his usual shit shot that goes no where near. 

14 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Hope we can keep him for next season. I think he will be an excellent player in the championship. He already seems decent now.

When he arrived he suggested that he was looking to use us as a stepping stone for better things. So on that basis it's highly unlikely he would want to stick around in the championship. 

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

When he arrived he suggested that he was looking to use us as a stepping stone for better things. So on that basis it's highly unlikely he would want to stick around in the championship. 

Such a shame, but I wonder who'd take him. All he can do is tackle well. His passing is pretty mediocre to bad. 

8 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Such a shame, but I wonder who'd take him. All he can do is tackle well. His passing is pretty mediocre to bad. 

I agree with you there, but I do wonder how he'd fare if he had players close to him so he didn't have to be the ball winner, the move starter and the holding midfielder.
His passing really dies after 70 minutes because he's saving all his energy for tackling and chasing the ball.

19 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

When he arrived he suggested that he was looking to use us as a stepping stone for better things. 

It's a shame for him then that he is not that good. Not a premier league player by any stretch of the imagination

• Like 1

Our best player at moment was everywhere Tuesday night made tackle after tackle we just have no one else in the midfield to support him.

One who will leave and then look great elsewhere

• Like 2

22 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

He gives 100%.  Just a pity the two either side of him dont appear to.

22 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

HE wont be here next summer that I am 90% sure of

Does that mean that there is a 10% chance that he will stay next year but only give 0% effort?

• Like 1

Â