Idrissa Gana Gueye

BowenAVFC

23 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

He gives 100%.  Just a pity the two either side of him dont appear to.

I don't think that's true, there was a moment on Tuesday where Lukaku had to ball just inside our area and managed to run past Gana who was stood watching him. Could have easily made a tackle.

20 hours ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

I agree with you there, but I do wonder how he'd fare if he had players close to him so he didn't have to be the ball winner, the move starter and the holding midfielder.
His passing really dies after 70 minutes because he's saving all his energy for tackling and chasing the ball.

could say the same for Sanchez and then see him for Colombia and he is complete different player

Very good at breaking up play and making interceptions, shite with the ball though. He made it clear at the start of the season that he aspires to play in the Champions League soon, well he's not going to achieve that in a good league, so moving back to France makes sense. 

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Very good at breaking up play and making interceptions, shite with the ball though. He made it clear at the start of the season that he aspires to play in the Champions League soon, well he's not going to achieve that in a good league, so moving back to France makes sense. 

Marseille aren't even a good French team anymore either

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

So he has instructed his agent to put out bullshit stories in the papers then...already.

Jog on mate.

Or...the papers are just going through the squad and naming everyone who might be wanted elsewhere. (Obviously no Zog or Richardson rumours yet sadly).

• Like 1

He's like an even shitter reo Coker IMO

Amazingly inconsistent, at best he's ineffective, at his worst he's utter garbage, at times his passing his woeful, won the most tackles in the prem apparently, also known as his second touch...

Think the best I've seen him play was the first 20 minutes vs Chelsea, he was everywhere, then we conceded and he gave up like the rest of them

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KHV said:

Marseille aren't even a good French team anymore either

Their transfer strategy was bonkers last summer, let go of Ayew, Gignac, Payet and Thuvain and hardly signed anyone to replace them so very weak upfront and they've paid the price, no home wins since September incredibly.

The previous season though they weren't far off winning the league so certainly a step up from Lille and Marseille is quite a bit club for the French-African players to play for so Gana would be interested in this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Their transfer strategy was bonkers last summer, let go of Ayew, Gignac, Payet and Thuvain and hardly signed anyone to replace them so very weak upfront and they've paid the price, no home wins since September incredibly.

The previous season though they weren't far off winning the league so certainly a step up from Lille and Marseille is quite a bit club for the French-African players to play for so Gana would be interested in this.

Well that's a familiar tale...

• Like 2

A bit early to want away and if he does that does not say a lot about his loyalty or wanting to put things right (although I accept loyalty is a thing of the past for players these days). If he wants away he had better tell his agent to find someone who is prepared to pay very near what we paid for him because he cannot expect us to let him go for peanuts just because he wants a move. Anything less than £9m should only be agreed with a sell on clause (say 20% or more of any fee over the one we get for him). Take it or leave it or stay where you are!  

2 hours ago, John said:

A bit early to want away and if he does that does not say a lot about his loyalty or wanting to put things right (although I accept loyalty is a thing of the past for players these days). If he wants away he had better tell his agent to find someone who is prepared to pay very near what we paid for him because he cannot expect us to let him go for peanuts just because he wants a move. Anything less than £9m should only be agreed with a sell on clause (say 20% or more of any fee over the one we get for him). Take it or leave it or stay where you are!  

This is the guy who, if my memory is correct, in one of his first interviews ( if not first) said that he was hoping his time with us would be a springboard to better things. He set his stall out immediately so I doubt being loyal will concern him.

I could be wrong but given half a chance I think he'll go, and I for one won't be that disappointed. An OK player,  but nothing more IMO.

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

He's like an even shitter reo Coker IMO

Amazingly inconsistent, at best he's ineffective, at his worst he's utter garbage, at times his passing his woeful, won the most tackles in the prem apparently, also known as his second touch...

Think the best I've seen him play was the first 20 minutes vs Chelsea, he was everywhere, then we conceded and he gave up like the rest of them

Possibly one of the most moronic comments I've seen on here. 

• Like 1

Â