2015-2016 Fixtures

deeps

So, away 1st game, and last... That smells a bit like a bad thing... Predictable Bournemouth away bumming and Sky jizzfest...

Kirsty Gallagher's hyperactive jaw or 'snappy' Jim White shouting out of the telly at you...

"'Premier League Giants' Aston Vanilla, licked like an ice cream on the south coast by plucky little old Bournemouth..."

Edited by Raver50032

So, away 1st game, and last... That smells a bit like a bad thing... Predictable Bournemouth away bumming and Sky jizzfest...

Kirsty Gallagher's hyperactive jaw or 'snappy' Jim White shouting out of the telly at you...

"'Premier League Giants' Aston Vanilla, licked like an ice cream on the south coast by plucky little old Bournemouth..."

You leave Kirsty alone!

• Like 1

Puzzled by people saying this is a tough fixture list. There are no runs of truly 'unwinnable' games (Chelsea away, Man Utd home or away, etc). Even last season, when we were absolutely dreadful, we still beat both Liverpool and Spurs away, those sort of fixtures shouldn't be written off as losses. 

At the end of the day, we finished last out of the 17 teams that stay in the division. Of course most of the matches look awful, because we are awful, and 16 other teams are better than us, but I don't think that could be more than 10% better as a fixture list. The only possible way it could be better is if we were home to someone like Bournemouth on the last day, but then we were at home to one of the worst teams in the division last season and still ended up losing anyway so it wouldn't make that much difference. 

Key for me is the xmas games...we have a good run of fxitures this season and win a few of them would set us up for a comfortable second half of season.

Last season we were in a reasonable position going into new year and then messed up the games which resulted in the horrible January-Feb run that finished off Lambert and nearly got us relegated.

There's a few hard games grouped together but I don't really see a "death" month that we usually get over xmas or last season when we had Spurs and the two Manchester clubs away in the same month.

I assume it is usual for all the games to be listed as 3pm Sat and then they get changed for TV over the coming weeks?

What happened to Friday night games? Isn't that a thing for this season?

That's a pretty good fixture list.  Obv Arsenal away at the end could be rough if we have another stinker, but at the moment I feel slightly more optimistic and we should be able to regularly pick up points and not get to a stage of losing game after game.

From the opening weekend I'd expect:

us Bournemouth

Man. United Spurs

Chelsea Swansea

Arsenal West Ham

Stoke Liverpool

to be the TV games as I think they show 5 a weekend this season.

Wouldn't be surprised if we are the Friday night fixture. Good taster for the season ahead.