2015-2016 Fixtures

deeps

This Friday kick off thing is **** shit for us season ticket holders who live out of town. Or even those who live in brum, surely 8pm would have been more sensible?

Is it really that different from a Monday night game? 

Friday night?! What a bag of shit! I was planning a trip down, but not a chance I'll make it out of work, and drive down in time. Yet another reason to hate Sky...

the police dont want it played saturday because of the EDL march and manu play in the CL on the tuesday so it couldnt be played on the sunday 

agree that friday night games are bullshit, i work in wolverhampton, will finish at 5.30pm and will have to go straight in to the ground rather than turn up early, see some mates and have a beer, they dont start in earnest until next season, this will be the only friday night game this year

This Friday kick off thing is **** shit for us season ticket holders who live out of town. Or even those who live in brum, surely 8pm would have been more sensible?

Is it really that different from a Monday night game?

Which kick off at 8pm. I guess the main point was, there are now even more of them

Does 15 minutes really make that much difference?

Surely the earlier kick off is better so everyone can get trains easier afterwards?

I think i'm the only one who loves the idea of my Friday night, Saturday, Sunday and Monday full of football!

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Surely the earlier kick off is better so everyone can get trains easier afterwards?

I think i'm the only one who loves the idea of football on a Friday night. Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday full of football!

Friday is the day off. Tuesday/Wed is CL/League Cup/Odd Prem/FA Cup replay, Thursday is Europa League.

I think i'm the only one who loves the idea of football on a Friday night. Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday full of football!

For you aye, sounds great.

I live and work in London. If I finish at 5.30 say and even if I'm working right outside Euston it's one hell of a rush to get there for that time, as well as **** expensive as it will be peak time. Luckily I run my own business and have a partner, so I can work around it. Not everyone is so fortunate.

Those extra 15 minutes make a genuine difference. Besides that, Friday nights are for other social events, I love my football but I can't have it dominate my life anymore.

• Like 1

It's just shit all round, most Fridays are my long commute home.  Compounded to the fact I'm away for a lot of the Monday games as well...I'll miss a lot of these.

I live and work in London. If I finish at 5.30 say and even if I'm working right outside Euston it's one hell of a rush to get there for that time, as well as **** expensive as it will be peak time. Luckily I run my own business and have a partner, so I can work around it. Not everyone is so fortunate.

Those extra 15 minutes make a genuine difference. Besides that, Friday nights are for other social events, I love my football but I can't have it dominate my life anymore.

Ah fair enough :thumb:

Personally I love the idea of football on Friday, but hey ho, ETTO!

Give me Friday games over Monday games all day.

Edited by PieFacE

Well you're lucky it's only one night then, maybe have your social event on the Saturday night instead. Problem solved, you're welcome ;)

Well you're lucky it's only one night then, maybe have your social event on the Saturday night instead. Problem solved, you're welcome ;)

Ha! Thanks.

It always seems to be "just one more". Before you know it we are playing 5/6 home games a season not on a Saturday or Sunday. It's a big ask. Plus as I said, there is the cost of traveling from such places at 6pm on a weekday.

Basically, Sky/BT etc. don't give a ****. The premier league and the clubs don't give much of a **** either. As long as their money keeps rolling in.

I remember being at Filbert Street once towards the end of the season (Crouch was playing for us) and pretty certain they were getting relegated and we sang -

"Walsall, on a Friday night, Walsall, on a Friday night" as some kind of pathetic relegation chant. We can't even chant about Friday night's now...

Cameron out.