2015-2016 Fixtures

deeps

I really hope we don't get hit with another ridiculous run against the top teams like we did around September-November last season. I still think that helped to set the course for most of the season.

And if we're away on the opening day AGAIN I'll be pissed off. We haven't been at home on the first day since 2010. Then again, we're shit at home.

Edited by Mantis

im away for the 1st 2 weeks so will miss 4 games i think, hoping its not west ham away, got to get that stadium in before they move, last year we had QPR on the monday night and then west ham away on the saturday which IMO is ridiculous

cant wait to know what games of ours sky are sticking on a friday night too, i'd love to know who they asked and decided wanted that, i want a firday night game like i want a 2nd asshole

What if we get the baggies on the first day? One in 19 chance of happening fingers crossed

Given the way police have an input into the fixtures and Sky like the big games to be spread out I actually don't think the adjusted odds of that happening are 1 in 19. Would be good though.

The promoted teams will most likely get games against the top 6 clubs and be on TV whilst the likes of us will kick off on Saturday @ 15.00 against Newcastle. 

I hope the fixtures are better spread for us this season rather than getting the glut of tough games we often seem to get together. I guess our last game next season will be at Wembley again! 

I bet the United away fixture is in March/April - it's always around then for some reason. Also, does anyone else remember that we've had Crystal Palace, Swansea and Sunderland in the exact 3 game block (Boxing Day to new year) for the past 2 seasons running?

I don't know whether it would stand up to scrutiny but in my head we seem to get Spurs during the Christmas break more often than not plus a healthy sprinkling of Christmas Chelsea too.

As mentioned before , there are a lot of non random adjustments made to the fixture lists, and for many different reasons. Policing, TV, local teams fixtures, Motorway congestions etc. I believe the clubs even have a tiny say in when they would prefer to play certain games.  

Yes. That run against the previous seasons top 7 one after the other really destroyed any momentum we built up in the first four matches.

Injuries and international breaks didn't help either.

I expect man Utd in December and an opener against Liverpool at home.