Players that you think are rubbish

Zatman

his assists are half of what they were last season, playing in to his loss of possession stats im guessing will also be bad crosses and attempted through balls that haven't worked, off which he attempts a lot, maybe trying too hard

he's young, the team's performance level has dropped and his has gone with it, would be interesting to know how much talking through games he needs and his right centre back is gone (im sure VVD is LCB but id guess he's a great talker)

already lost his england starting place, low confidence, it happens

17 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

He's not 'rubbish', but he's definitely having a bad season.

i was mainly following on from my post in the last page, he is a dreadful defender but brilliant on the ball. He needs to be on his game on the ball or he is practically useless

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

In before  @Zatman can say Jordan Pickford. 

Its more surprising at this point when he doesnt **** up, the worst keeper in the Premier League.  If Martinez has saved us 12 points or so this clown has cost Everton similar

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its more surprising at this point when he doesnt **** up, the worst keeper in the Premier League.  If Martinez has saved us 12 points or so this clown has cost Everton similar

Yep. Just not good enough, certainly not for England. 

On 27/02/2021 at 16:21, rodders0223 said:

Aaron Connolly. Anti goals but unlike Shane Long he never scores,  is crap in the air and his hold up play terrible.

The guy seems to be living off one good game, about 2 years ago. He's absolute bobbins.

On 13/02/2021 at 22:09, Zatman said:

Neal Maupay, Brighton would be top 8 team with a half decent striker. 

He is a prick as well

He was going to be my post. Dreadful striker, easily one of the worst in the league. 

They really would be where we are if they had any bang average striker up front.

• Like 2

This is harsh but watching Ante Rebic play you wonder how he made it as a professional player, nothing wrong with his work rate or attitude but his technique and football brain is a bit dreadful to be kind.

Then he goes full Trezeguet and gets wonderful finishes like last night and in the World Cup vs Argentina :D 

I'm wary of the phenomenon of entering this thread to bash a decent player who plays for a big club after a bad game, but how much does one really want to read about the toils of Gaetan Bong and Will Grigg.

Having said all that... Aaron Wan-Bissaka is nowhere near the required quality for his position.  A 45 million pound Manchester United player rightly nowhere near the England squad is a very odd phenomenon.  AWB seems the classic example of a player's worth clouded by his one outstanding attribute.  And for all the talk of his limitations amongst the advances required for the modern full-back, I'm not sure what he does do well is that much of a virtue as the game is currently played.  On an increasingly fluid and dynamic pitch where attacks come thick and fast from all angles and vantages, being able to boss 2010 Gareth Bale forays may be something of an overestimated necessity.  Wondering what a Kieran Tierney or Joao Cancelo might get up to in this Manchester United side, there's also the sizeable demerit of United thinking they need to persevere with this investment and blocking an improvement in that area for years to come.  See also, to a lesser extent, big bones's Luke Shaw.

It's a particular bugbear of mine but it surprises me how many times I see a player lacking the quick, organised feet essential at the very highest level in supposedly top teams.

1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Not a rubbish player but someone who once had promise and has turned into a bit of a nothing player is Nathan Redmond. Wouldn't trade El Ghazi for him.

lots of players like that who reach a certain level and never go any further. 

Jordan Henderson. I don't get it. 

Seems to get lauded in these videos where he's shouting encouragement to his team but think he's an average, athletic player who is a bit of a cheerleader.

£20m doesn't look a lot nowadays but when Liverpool spent that on him it was a big deal.

4 hours ago, May-Z said:

Jordan Henderson. I don't get it. 

Seems to get lauded in these videos where he's shouting encouragement to his team but think he's an average, athletic player who is a bit of a cheerleader.

£20m doesn't look a lot nowadays but when Liverpool spent that on him it was a big deal.

A poor mans Gerrard, but  the type of player we lack. 

On 28/02/2021 at 17:22, HanoiVillan said:

The guy seems to be living off one good game, about 2 years ago. He's absolute bobbins.

Isn't he 20 or something?

Got to love slating these youngsters :D 

Â