Players that you think are rubbish

Zatman

Since I love a good comparison, since leaving Villa Traore has played 150 games in the league and has 10 goals and 21 assists, Adomah for Villa alone played 109 games and got 20 goals and 17 assists

Yes most were in Championship but still we got the best end of that deal

• Like 3

Eden Hazard.  €100m+ addons for a transfer fee.  €400k a week in wages. Wrong side of 30 now, still got three years left on his contract.   I'll bet Real Madrid are absolutely delighted with how it's all worked out. 

13 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Eden Hazard.  €100m+ addons for a transfer fee.  €400k a week in wages. Wrong side of 30 now, still got three years left on his contract.   I'll bet Real Madrid are absolutely delighted with how it's all worked out. 

They've done well replacing Bale.

• Haha 2

the worst thing about hazard was that they already had the 3 brazilian kids, isco and asensio

he's a pure vanity signing aimed at keeping the marketing team happy

both of the big spanish clubs are incredibly guilty of it, they're running themselves in to the ground financially chasing shirt sellers

12 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Ross Barkley?🧐

Harsh but yeah

At best he's frustrating because there's something decent in there at worst he's so far off beat that it's crazy, his anticipation of a ball coming in, the time he needs to see a pass and then make it, he tries so much that doesn't come off but it's not like "ooooh that's close, unlucky" it's like he doesn't know what to do so he's ended up doing a bit of nothing, watching him take players on is painful, no conviction in it and yet he keeps doing it, positioning is good but work rate is poor which cancels it out 

If he'd stayed at Everton and had 300 games under his belt for them then I'm sure he'd be well thought of but the only way is down for him, not sure he'll end up on the 30 year old mid table Turkish team Drinkwater career but he won't be far off

Chelsea won't be able to sell him, it'll be another loan next season and he'll slide 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Harsh but yeah

At best he's frustrating because there's something decent in there at worst he's so far off beat that it's crazy, his anticipation of a ball coming in, the time he needs to see a pass and then make it, he tries so much that doesn't come off but it's not like "ooooh that's close, unlucky" it's like he doesn't know what to do so he's ended up doing a bit of nothing, watching him take players on is painful, no conviction in it and yet he keeps doing it, positioning is good but work rate is poor which cancels it out 

If he'd stayed at Everton and had 300 games under his belt for them then I'm sure he'd be well thought of but the only way is down for him, not sure he'll end up on the 30 year old mid table Turkish team Drinkwater career but he won't be far off

Chelsea won't be able to sell him, it'll be another loan next season and he'll slide 

Agree with all of that.

I thought the player that was coming through at Everton was brilliant, aggressive, quick, technical and then he got a few injuries, lost a bit of the fire and by the looks of it a yard or two.

• Like 1

I think he'll always have that 1 in 4 performance in him or a goal that makes people think what if - when he was struggling at Chelsea he had some good performances for England, 4 goals in 8 games in 2019

But at the same time I think this new English generation of attacking players will blow the likes of him, chamberlain et al out of the water 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I think he'll always have that 1 in 4 performance in him or a goal that makes people think what if - when he was struggling at Chelsea he had some good performances for England, 4 goals in 8 games in 2019

But at the same time I think this new English generation of attacking players will blow the likes of him, chamberlain et al out of the water 

Harvey Barnes got some really good stats for Leicester over last 18 months and watching him play you can see he's a very clever player with the runs he makes yet he's a complete outsider for euros squad unless Southgate goes radical and just has Kane and Rashford in squad as only out and out CFs otherwise simply can't get all the midfielders in who deserve to be in the squad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Agree with all of that.

I thought the player that was coming through at Everton was brilliant, aggressive, quick, technical and then he got a few injuries, lost a bit of the fire and by the looks of it a yard or two.

Didn't Leeds actually have him on loan at some stage?

23 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Didn't Leeds actually have him on loan at some stage?

Yeah Warnock was manager at the time and he couldn't get game time because we had Michael Brown 😂

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Harvey Barnes got some really good stats for Leicester over last 18 months and watching him play you can see he's a very clever player with the runs he makes yet he's a complete outsider for euros squad unless Southgate goes radical and just has Kane and Rashford in squad as only out and out CFs otherwise simply can't get all the midfielders in who deserve to be in the squad.

This might be the best English squad attacking wise ever in a tournament, sadly for them they are managed by the english Paul lambert

• Like 1

Â